IGNORED

Cheltenham Town Friendly

GrahamC

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

O’Leary, Wollacott, Moore, Rowe, Palmer,O’Dowda, Szmodics, Nagy, Walsh, Semenyo, Paterson, maybe Fam, Watkins, Adelakun maybe Joe Williams, Hinds, Morrell plus the U23s.

Don’t anyone say we have a small squad..

I thought Adelakun had left permanently. 

• The title was changed to Cheltenham Town Friendly
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Second game is referred to by the club as an "internal training game". So not a full blown "pre-season friendly". 

Suspect we'll get less coverage of this second one.

I'm guessing "internal" is being used in the sense of "we're not going to ever release to the media or public what the line-ups were or what the score was".

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm guessing "internal" is being used in the sense of "we're not going to ever release to the media or public what the line-ups were or what the score was".

Maybe. Personally suspect it's more along the lines of "no journalists are invited and we're not going to tweet updates through the match". I'd be surprised if we don't at least get a fulltime score mentioned in the write up for the primary game.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If Eliasson and Bakinson are seen as important first team players this season and not being sold or loaned out then that really does confuse me when trying to work out how we will play and what players will still be here.

Patience, grasshopper!! ?

7 weeks or so left of the window.  I would be taking my time loaning anyone out as it stands.  A couple of injuries here or there and the dynamic changes.

If Eliasson is going, then obviously get it done, so we can use any funds allowed.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If Eliasson and Bakinson are seen as important first team players this season and not being sold or loaned out then that really does confuse me when trying to work out how we will play and what players will still be here.

I may be wrong but I'm guessing Bakinson was involved partly to assess him within a match situation to decide IF he is going to be part of the squad or loaned out. It may well come down to whether he did enough to prove he can be part of the squad.

However that does potentially mean that we have the following players competing for 3 midfield berths:

Williams

Nagy

Walsh

Massengo

Paterson

Palmer

Eliasson

Bakinson

Morton (although guessing loaned)

Weimann (although could be treated as a forward)

O'Dowda (although could be treated as a wing-back)

Rowe (although almost certainly will be treated as a wing-back)

Even taking out those who could be used in other positions, that is still eight or nine for three places. It is a lot of depth but some players would surely be frustrated at their playing time. Guessing some will leave on loan or permanent. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I may be wrong but I'm guessing Bakinson was involved partly to assess him within a match situation to decide IF he is going to be part of the squad or loaned out. It may well come down to whether he did enough to prove he can be part of the squad.

However that does potentially mean that we have the following players competing for 3 midfield berths:

Williams

Nagy

Walsh

Massengo

Paterson

Palmer

Eliasson

Bakinson

Weimann (although could be treated as a forward)

O'Dowda (although could be treated as a wing-back)

Rowe (although almost certainly will be treated as a wing-back)

Morton (Guessing loaned?)

Even taking out those who could be used in other positions, that is still eight for three places. It is a lot of depth but some players would surely be frustrated at their playing time. Guessing some will leave.

And Szmodics and Morrell

Archived