IGNORED

Undercooked?

Matthew me

Not sure how seriously we took the Newport game, so assume Chelt will be our only pre season fixture 

Looks like Cov will play three games before taking us on.

Is there a danger we're a bit undercooked? New manager, potentially new system, etc.

I would of expected a replacement for Pompey asap, surely it wouldn't be that hard to arrange a game with the sags at short notice....  And it would surely be a confidence booster !

9 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Not sure how seriously we took the Newport game, so assume Chelt will be our only pre season fixture 

Is there a danger we're a bit undercooked? New manager, potentially new system, etc.

I would of expected a replacement for Pompey asap, surely it wouldn't be that hard to arrange a game with the sags at short notice....  And it would surely be a confidence booster !

You have to remember the season only just finished

32 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

We're playing Weston on the 26th

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think we can have high intensity games in training like Man City did after lockdown. They didn't have one friendly against other sides and they looked sharper than alone.

This. Man City looked the best team post lockdown & trained in house.

6 hours ago, Matthew me said:

They've lost their best player aswell remember ?

10 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

New manager but it's a system we used last season which only just finished. League one finished a lot earlier so it's natural that Coventry will have played more. 

I'd say we will probably arrange a behind doors friendly to replace pompey. 

Aren't all games behind closed doors at the moment? 

10 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

New manager but it's a system we used last season which only just finished. League one finished a lot earlier so it's natural that Coventry will have played more. 

I'd say we will probably arrange a behind doors friendly to replace pompey. 

Coventry fans complaing how slow and unfit they looked after Swindon beat them last week so I wouldn't imagine they will be ahead of you guys 

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Our last game was only 4 weeks ago and we’ve been back training for the last 2 weeks. Coventry haven’t kicked a ball since March ! Don’t think we’ll be the ones undercooked to be honest 

Coventry have had the opportunity for a normal pre-season with the regular amount of pre-season games, the promoted teams were the ones to avoid first game imo 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Coventry have had the opportunity for a normal pre-season with the regular amount of pre-season games, the promoted teams were the ones to avoid first game imo 

It’s still not a normal pre season as such, it’ll be 6 months without a competitive game. They’ll take longer to get back up to match speed

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

They no longer have Walsh and he was excellent for them last season.

Archived