IGNORED

Championship Odds

Barron

As ever, I think there are probably about 18 teams that'll think they can make the play-offs. 

I reckon Stoke will be strong but not sold on Barnsley. It'll be interesting to see what Warnock does with Boro and I reckon Huddersfield could go either way. Reckon Birmingham and Forest will do worse than predicted and that none of the three relegated teams will go up automatically. 

As for us, I can see us anywhere between 6th and 16th but I'm going to tip us to finish in the upper end of that range.

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Think we are excellent value at 33/1, stability and a supportive Chairman, puts us ahead of many

Stability and a supportive chairman is all well and dandy but isn’t that what Steve Gibson has given boro for years now,if we finish above them with Warnock in charge then we won’t be far off the play offs 

Don’t understand why people think boro will have a good season, lost a lot of their squad already and don’t have much money to spend. For me Colin under big pressure. He didn’t do a lot at Cardiff so can he really push boro on after keeping them up?

norwich will be the team to beat.

15 minutes ago, miloemily said:

Don’t understand why people think boro will have a good season, lost a lot of their squad already and don’t have much money to spend. For me Colin under big pressure. He didn’t do a lot at Cardiff so can he really push boro on after keeping them up?

norwich will be the team to beat.

He got them promoted to the prem.

21 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Can get us at 40/1 now with sky, not sure how they come up with these odds sometimes. 

They follow OTIB and after reading fans’ reaction to Holden’s appointment have decided that we are doomed! 

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

Can get us at 40/1 now with sky, not sure how they come up with these odds sometimes. 

It pretty much based on last season with no consideration on which club has strengthened or become weaker.

Guesswork in other words..........:cool2:

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Stability and a supportive chairman is all well and dandy but isn’t that what Steve Gibson has given boro for years now,if we finish above them with Warnock in charge then we won’t be far off the play offs 

This is going to be a very messy season, as clubs struggle with seriously reduced income, and I suspect a second wave of the virus. Stability will be a much bigger factor than normal.

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Have I missed something regarding Barnsley? 

Barnsley are being viewed as a relatively young squad with a year of championship football behind them. The manager Struber appears to be highly thought of and with a full season may be an outside bet 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The big unknown is Watford IMO. Will they hit the ground running or have a lot of disgruntled players who can`t be arsed in the Championship a la Stoke last season.

Betting against them to do well could be a nice little earner IMO.

Think they will struggle, can see a number of their players wanting out. A club built on sand could all fall apart quickly 

Stoke at 12/1 and Brentford at 8/1 would be my 2 bets.  But it really depends if Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford can hold on to most of their squads?  Probably best to wait until the day before the season starts to put the money down?  PS. Would not be touching Middlesboro at odds of 12/1, I think they'll be mid table.

Archived