IGNORED

Marley Watkins to Aberdeen

luke_bristol

58 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

what the hell is an internationalist?

An internationalist is to the Jocks what we call an international. Using that term used to rile me when I edited the sport for Herald Scotland. 

As for Watkins, a complete waste of a million and a wage. High work-rate, low quality. 

His time here reflects badly on the club, rather than the player - and on some OTIB members, too, for that matter.

Good luck to the bloke. A better player than he’s been given credit for. His team mates knew him for a good pro, even if the usual culprits on the forum were incapable of recognising the fact, which, depressingly, surprises no-one.

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

We would recoup most of the million we paid for him if sold. He is solid enough and will do well in SPL

Really?  By the time his loan finishes, he’s have 5 months left on his contract.  I like the guy, never let us down, but even if we sold him in January, I suspect we would do well to get any fee, and probably accept he’s off our wage bill.  I just don’t think now he’s gone on loan, that he has any transfer value in him.

It didn't work out for  him here for whatever reason, however he showed flashes at times.

Loan to Aberdeen, option to buy or season long given contract expires next summer?

He started not so badly here. In terms of respectable squad player I mean, 2 goals in first 2 months- but for woodwork at Rotherham it'd be 3.

Injuries didn't help, but with both us and Norwich he was never able to get close to his Barnsley 2016/17 season.

A season which was at this level and contained 17 goals or assists- can't remember of it was 10 and 7 or vice versa but in a decent Barnsley side.

Take a look through that side. Bree, Marc Roberts, Yiadom, Hourihane, Winnall to name 5! Sold Bree, Hourihane and Winnall mid January 2017 to ultimately scupper their playoff push.

There's a reason why Norwich were interested in him back in 2017.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really?  By the time his loan finishes, he’s have 5 months left on his contract.  I like the guy, never let us down, but even if we sold him in January, I suspect we would do well to get any fee, and probably accept he’s off our wage bill.  I just don’t think now he’s gone on loan, that he has any transfer value in him.

Didn’t realise he was out contract so soon. 

Archived