IGNORED

Sky TV Offer.

Taz

If like me you have Sky TV and the Sports package, you'll probably be paying around £45-50(ish) a month - TV subscription only.

Currently on Facebook, I've seen an ad which states you can get SKY TV, Sports and Cinema, for £46 a month - new and existing customers.

So this morning, I checked my app, and realised that my bill was actually £52 a month, and over the next 2 months it went up £1 a month to £54. So on the phone I go.

Unfortunately for me, little did I realise that when I changed my base Sky package at the end of May to include Netflix for the same price as my previous package, it put me onto a new 18 month contract. Schoolboy error.

When I mentioned about the Facebook offer, the guy I spoke to said there was no way of getting that deal applied to my account as it was such a "new" contract. Fair enough I said, take off the Sky Sports, and I'll just reduce the bill then, as I'm not paying more than a new customer who would get more than me, for less money. 

I then went on hold.

The guy then came back and asked if I would be happy to start a new contract as of today, paying the same as I currently am - £52 a month - and for that amount I would be getting everything I currently am, as well as Cinema and everything in HD. So that's what I did. It would also seem that I have an even better deal as I still have Netflix, which it seems is no longer part of the same package that I originally took out.

Just a heads up really, even if you're nowhere near the end of your deal (as I wasn't) you can still negotiate yourself a better price, so long as you have a rough (realistic) price you'd be happy paying.

If you have a package deal, which includes Phone and/or broadband, you may get an even better result, as he did try reeling me in with that as well. Unfortunately for him, when I told him that I pay £34 a month for 300mbps fibre broadband, and don't have a landline, he looked at the other options.

They'd rather give you bigger discounts/freebies, than taking a hit on what they're charging you a month.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

If like me you have Sky TV and the Sports package, you'll probably be paying around £45-50(ish) a month - TV subscription only.

Currently on Facebook, I've seen an ad which states you can get SKY TV, Sports and Cinema, for £46 a month - new and existing customers.

So this morning, I checked my app, and realised that my bill was actually £52 a month, and over the next 2 months it went up £1 a month to £54. So on the phone I go.

Unfortunately for me, little did I realise that when I changed my base Sky package at the end of May to include Netflix for the same price as my previous package, it put me onto a new 18 month contract. Schoolboy error.

When I mentioned about the Facebook offer, the guy I spoke to said there was no way of getting that deal applied to my account as it was such a "new" contract. Fair enough I said, take off the Sky Sports, and I'll just reduce the bill then, as I'm not paying more than a new customer who would get more than me, for less money. 

I then went on hold.

The guy then came back and asked if I would be happy to start a new contract as of today, paying the same as I currently am - £52 a month - and for that amount I would be getting everything I currently am, as well as Cinema and everything in HD. So that's what I did. It would also seem that I have an even better deal as I still have Netflix, which it seems is no longer part of the same package that I originally took out.

Just a heads up really, even if you're nowhere near the end of your deal (as I wasn't) you can still negotiate yourself a better price, so long as you have a rough (realistic) price you'd be happy paying.

If you have a package deal, which includes Phone and/or broadband, you may get an even better result, as he did try reeling me in with that as well. Unfortunately for him, when I told him that I pay £34 a month for 300mbps fibre broadband, and don't have a landline, he looked at the other options.

They'd rather give you bigger discounts/freebies, than taking a hit on what they're charging you a month.

Doing better than me , mine is £78 per month 

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

If you are getting sports in your package and only paying £52 a month I'm presuming you don't have Sky Q and/or multiroom?

Sky Q - No multiroom. Flatly refuse to pay what they want to charge for that, and to be honest it's only me and the wife (atm). Have a Roku stick upstairs, and Netflix if we want to watch the TV upstairs. That one doesn't get used much to be honest anyway, and if it does, it's usually in the winter months.

10 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

This is my bill. Not sure how others are paying around £45-£50 not including broadband?

A8EA1831-3B1B-49DC-B3E9-C1F627EB4CCC.png

Here's September's bill (under the future bills section) as this months was done before the changes.

Ignore the £20 extra charges- that's the "admin" fee for changing the contract etc.

Sky Signature also includes Netflix, which I can also access on the Roku stick and my phone if I want (although probably not at the same time - haven't tried that actually...). 

He did add a few discounts - sports and cinema, maybe one or two others....

Screenshot_20200826-082506_My Sky.jpg

Archived