IGNORED

International call ups

GrahamC

Not seen it mentioned before but there are a raft of European international games the same weekend as we are due to play Exeter.

O’Dowda has already been called up by Ireland, presumably as they are regulars we can expect Nagy, Kalas & Morrell to all be involved with their nations, too.

This also means we could postpone the game if we liked, but I guess we are going ahead with it minus these 4?

1 minute ago, vicky10 said:

Will they need Quarantine once they return which means they would miss the opening weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently not, elite sports apparently can not need to quarantine as they get tested twice a week

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not seen it mentioned before but there are a raft of European international games the same weekend as we are due to play Exeter.

O’Dowda has already been called up by Ireland, presumably as they are regulars we can expect Nagy, Kalas & Morrell to all be involved with their nations, too.

This also means we could postpone the game if we liked, but I guess we are going ahead with it minus these 4?

With all due respect to Exeter we should be able to get a result even without these players. 

Kalas is our only nailed on starter . COD is not terribly effective in the team. Nagy is just beginning to show signs and Morrell hasnt been here to be ‘ missed ‘. 

2 minutes ago, vicky10 said:

Will they need Quarantine once they return which means they would miss the opening weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mentioned this in one of the other threads about how big our squad is. I don’t know the answer, but it’s something I think we should be prepared for. 

Edit: Just saw @Lrrrs reply.

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Are nations ‘under 21’s’ and below playing also? In which case we’ll lose Han Noah. Also Bermuda could call up Wells if they’re playing.

Just Europe, no idea if France have an U21 game.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If he gets called up I would have thought it would be the U19's or U20's. They both seem to have fixtures that week.

Cheers.

To me that would leave us pretty short of numbers, though of course neither of us know who will leave or arrive in the 2 weeks up until then.

44 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Went injured on international duty, played, got more injured. Stole a wage for the rest of last season. 

Easy to forget the history on this one and lay blame with Nagy.

He got injured v QPR and Initially City felt it was in their interests to let him go with Hungary to get minutes ready to come back from the break having had some game time.  So it wasn’t as if Nagy and Hungary did anything against City’s wishes.

it was also agreed that our own medical guys would check-in regularly with their Hungarian counterparts.  LJ said that didn’t happen thoroughly enough.  Nagy went on to play and I think the next International break was the one where more common sense was needed.

18 hours ago, italian dave said:

What constitutes "elite"? Championship? League 1? You can see where I'm going! 

I think the official catagorisations are are follows... 

Premier League & Championship ≠Elite. 

League 1 = Pikey, ground stealing, tinpot scummy shite. 

It's something along those lines, I'm sure. 

So that is now Kalas, Nagy & O’Dowda confirmed, with presumably Morrell to come.

Can only assume we are ok to go ahead as we must have known this was inevitable.

Interestingly Preston have brought their’s forward to this Saturday for that very reason.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Easy to forget the history on this one and lay blame with Nagy.

He got injured v QPR and Initially City felt it was in their interests to let him go with Hungary to get minutes ready to come back from the break having had some game time.  So it wasn’t as if Nagy and Hungary did anything against City’s wishes.

it was also agreed that our own medical guys would check-in regularly with their Hungarian counterparts.  LJ said that didn’t happen thoroughly enough.  Nagy went on to play and I think the next International break was the one where more common sense was needed.

Those were the days... City fans thought Nagy was a top player, his country were desperate for him to help their cause...

Fast forward 10/11 months and half of OTIB think he doesn't want to be here and isn't good enough.

40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So that is now Kalas, Nagy & O’Dowda confirmed, with presumably Morrell to come.

Can only assume we are ok to go ahead as we must have known this was inevitable.

Interestingly Preston have brought their’s forward to this Saturday for that very reason.

It’d be embarrassing to actually care enough to disrupt whatever preseason plans we have by moving the game.

Our squad is massive with few known injuries and if we don’t win without these 4 or 5, there are greater concerns ahead of the season.

5 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

It’d be embarrassing to actually care enough to disrupt whatever preseason plans we have by moving the game.

Our squad is massive with few known injuries and if we don’t win without these 4 or 5, there are greater concerns ahead of the season.

I think it is more that with a game like this unusually coming at the very start it would have been a useful exercise to field our strongest XI, because the usual resting players excuse/opportunity doesn’t really wash.

Whatever the views are on Nagy, O’Dowda & Morrell, it is clearly not going to happen now with Kalas unavailable.

Archived