IGNORED

Weston Super Mare Friendly - Tickets sold out

RedM

On 24/08/2020 at 14:31, brad blit said:

Luckily got myself and the boy a ticket, be good to look at some of the younger players and sure I can keep OTIB up to date during game ?

Hi Brad.  My  name is Ian and i work for BBC Radio Bristol.  do you fancy a chat tomorrow morning to talk about the weston game.  Cheers  give me a bell on 08000 855 949

• Admin
48 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Weston have said that they are asking for proof of identity because they have heard of profiteering 

Not quite that reason but....

Out of interest anyone that bought more than one ticket did you have to provide full details of all the additional ticket holders? 

Screenshot_20200825-234534_Twitter.jpg

1 hour ago, swindon fan said:

Sorry to stick my nose in on this one, but are we playing you lot Saturday?

Also had a young keeper off you trialling last night, been at Dover on loan. I think he was just doing a favour as we have no keepers on the books!

Any name? Don’t remember one being on loan at Dover. Could still be even if we’re playing villa as well, if 23’s join in over both squads we’d have by far enough for two games

2 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Also had a young keeper off you trialling last night, been at Dover on loan. I think he was just doing a favour as we have no keepers on the books!

Not Sesay....was at Dartford (not Dover).

• Admin
2 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Wouldn't think so as we are due to play Villa, Weston and Dorchester in the next few days.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wouldn't think so as we are due to play Villa, Weston and Dorchester in the next few days.

Weston and Dorchester are ‘Bristol City XI’s’ usually name given to a lot of 23’s being involved 

16 hours ago, phantom said:

Not quite that reason but....

Out of interest anyone that bought more than one ticket did you have to provide full details of all the additional ticket holders? 

Screenshot_20200825-234534_Twitter.jpg

Also reiterated on Radio Bristol today. that Mandatory ID checks to accord with COVID track & Trace will be in place. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Also reiterated on Radio Bristol today. that Mandatory ID checks to accord with COVID track & Trace will be in place. 

That's correct but Weston are pushing this message more as a deterrent in reaction to the tweets about ticket resales

48 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

What part of track and trace states that you need an ID check?

Name and phone number is all that’s needed I thought.

See above

46 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Looking like this will be largely u23 playing tonight seeing as most first teamers took part vs Villa.

Was always going to be fringe players at best, hence the "Bristol City XI" being listed as opponents

At the game, only recognise Hakeeb, Pring and Woollacott in team. 

HOWEVER late arriving and spoke to Dean as he arrived same time. Must admit I struggled to understand his accent at first, but asked what situation was with Fammy. Said he’s been offered new contract, he wants to stay and hopefully it’s just a case of sorting finer details. I said he’s such a big player for us and he said he’d be incredibly hard to replace in current market.

11 hours ago, swindon fan said:

That’s the rumour, both your boss and ours are Mancs so guess they must know each other.

The keeper you mention is a strange one, been called up once by Sierra Leone but hasn’t featured much for our U21s & actually thought he had been released.

Rumour a while ago that you were after Max O’Leary but he has moved up our pecking order to no.2 so don’t expect that to happen now.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s the rumour, both your boss and ours are Mancs so guess they must know each other.

The keeper you mention is a strange one, been called up once by Sierra Leone but hasn’t featured much for our U21s & actually thought he had been released.

Rumour a while ago that you were after Max O’Leary but he has moved up our pecking order to no.2 so don’t expect that to happen now.

Not entirely convinced he is still with us - he doesn't feature in the EFL's published retained list: https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/efl-professional-retain-list---2019-20.pdf

Archived