IGNORED

Weston Super Mare Friendly - Tickets sold out

RedM

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s the rumour, both your boss and ours are Mancs so guess they must know each other.

The keeper you mention is a strange one, been called up once by Sierra Leone but hasn’t featured much for our U21s & actually thought he had been released.

Rumour a while ago that you were after Max O’Leary but he has moved up our pecking order to no.2 so don’t expect that to happen now.

I only suggested it was Alhaji Sesay....I’ve no idea....just thought it might be possible someone got Dover and Dartford mixed up.

Sesay is no longer at City.

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

HOWEVER late arriving and spoke to Dean as he arrived same time. Must admit I struggled to understand his accent at first, but asked what situation was with Fammy. Said he’s been offered new contract, he wants to stay and hopefully it’s just a case of sorting finer details. 

That's very open and honest for a manager to say to someone publicly 

57 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s the rumour, both your boss and ours are Mancs so guess they must know each other.

Hang on, because they are both Mancs they must know each other.....that's the funniest thing I have read in days 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I only suggested it was Alhaji Sesay....I’ve no idea....just thought it might be possible someone got Dover and Dartford mixed up.

Sesay is no longer at City.

It was, on Twitter yesterday, a Swindon fan at the game asked their keeper coach (Mildenhall) he said that was his name.

Surely it's all U23s or U18s even. Almost every senior player will have been in Wales playing Villa. Our team will have been Hinds, Britton, Towler, Pring, the Pearsons etc. Maybe Gilmartin gave himself some minutes ?

So Gregor's colleague Tristan Cork went, watched, and live-tweeted game. He confirmed we published no team sheet, wore no names on our backs, and from one of his videos it looks as though we wore a training kit?

In the "this sums up the game" video I recognise Towler - he's the tall guy with long blonde hair on the left of the picture. No idea of the others from that distance.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is DH in charge, or is it Alex Ball?

Alex Ball. Gilmartin is his assistant by the looks of things.

Holden was there with his two assistants, I didn’t see it because I was over the other side, but someone said they were all there.

Would love to tell you the line up but I only recognised 5 or so. 

Enjoyed it tonight... Apart from pring, JoJo, Hinds and hakeeb it was a u20's line up against a 1st team Weston side... Weston took a 2-0 lead, with city clawing one back late on. Still trying to work out the enigma that is Freddie Hinds... Missed a few oppos... Hakeeb looked good... Ordinarily, I would have felt robbed at the lack of 1st teamers in the side but to actually see live football felt so good?⚽

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Anyone stand out? Not expecting a name but a description of a player and we might be able to work out who it is?

Not sure if that England under 17 attacking midfielder is playing. Or Sam Pearson. Ginger lad.

Couldn't recall a ginger lad playing but I like the look of Eamon whittle .. a central midfielder...tidy. there was also a lanky center half, reminded me of a young woodgate... Very composed.

13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Alex Ball. Gilmartin is his assistant by the looks of things.

Holden was there with his two assistants, I didn’t see it because I was over the other side, but someone said they were all there.

Would love to tell you the line up but I only recognised 5 or so. 

Thanks.

The good news is we have finally found Gilmartin a job then..

• Admin
21 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

.. Ordinarily, I would have felt robbed at the lack of 1st teamers in the side

I'm intrigued about this comment, why would you have felt robbed?

The game was clearly advertised as a Bristol City XI which has always been a clear indicator that it won't be our first team 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Did the lanky centre half have long blonde hair?

And who on earth is Eamon Whittle? Thought I knew most of the name but never heard that one before ?

Centre half - yes, long blond hair. Also Eamon was the name being called to him by the other players... also My son reliably tells me that hes his mates cousin who had been elevated to the under 20's...

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm intrigued about this comment, why would you have felt robbed?

The game was clearly advertised as a Bristol City XI which has always been a clear indicator that it won't be our first team 

Yep, didn't see the Bristol city 'xi' bit  ... Just assumed it would be some of the 1st team... Like I said it didn't matter, 5 months without city... It was just lush to watch a match

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surely it's all U23s or U18s even. Almost every senior player will have been in Wales playing Villa. Our team will have been Hinds, Britton, Towler, Pring, the Pearsons etc. Maybe Gilmartin gave himself some minutes ?

So Gregor's colleague Tristan Cork went, watched, and live-tweeted game. He confirmed we published no team sheet, wore no names on our backs, and from one of his videos it looks as though we wore a training kit?

In the "this sums up the game" video I recognise Towler - he's the tall guy with long blonde hair on the left of the picture. No idea of the others from that distance.

Wondered how I’d missed this on twitter then noted that I’m blocked by this Tristan fella. No idea why? 

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks.

The good news is we have finally found Gilmartin a job then..

Ruddy hell I didn’t realise Gilmartin was there, I would have stood closer to the dugout if I’d known ?

Nice to see some live football, but as others said I didn’t recognise many and nothing on social media from either Westonor City regarding the team, we reverted to scrolling the city site and looking at headshots but not all players even have one of them.

Weston were confused about who was who too and the numbers were only on the front of the training tops and on the shorts, unfortunately the numbers didn’t often match either, so their keeper was shouting stuff like ‘watch the short one’ 

To be honest Weston were pretty good, and like us played some decent passing football. You wouldn’t know which side had potential Championship youngsters and which were non league.

Talking of keepers I was pleased to see how JoJo has progressed. Still obviously a young keeper but no longer a kid as such. He certainly was very vocal and a good organiser. Not afraid to shout and guide his players throughout. And yes Towler stood out for me too.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Talking of keepers I was pleased to see how JoJo has progressed. Still obviously a young keeper but no longer a kid as such. He certainly was very vocal and a good organiser. Not afraid to shout and guide his players throughout. And yes Towler stood out for me too.

He really cannot be seen as “young”, he is actually 24 next month.

Badly needs to play league football somewhere, as I do think time is running out for him, couldn’t hold down a regular place at Forest Green last season..

Archived