IGNORED

Weston Super Mare Friendly - Tickets sold out

RedM

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He really cannot be seen as “young”, he is actually 24 next month.

Badly needs to play league football somewhere, as I do think time is running out for him, couldn’t hold down a regular place at Forest Green last season..

He’s also older than Max by a month.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He’s also older than Max by a month.

I know.

You can only be a “promising youngster” for so long, in stark contrast Max played every game for Shrewsbury bar one in 19/20 (30 in a truncated season) & now has played 15 Championship games for us, too.

Even in such a generous environment as City time is running out for him..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He really cannot be seen as “young”, he is actually 24 next month.

Badly needs to play league football somewhere, as I do think time is running out for him, couldn’t hold down a regular place at Forest Green last season..

I probably should have written he seems young as he still is included in that age group, but yes keepers playing at a decent level seem to be getting younger over the past few years.

He seems in limbo to me, too old to be playing with the youngsters but no where near being considered for us in the Championship. I guess it’s another loan then?

Interesting player for me is Ryan Jones who wore Nr 3 for WSM last night and, going by what I've heard from a number of sources, was the best player on the pitch and showed up a lot better than a number of the City youngsters. 19 years of age, late developer and might be worth a look imo.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

He seems in limbo to me, too old to be playing with the youngsters but no where near being considered for us in the Championship. I guess it’s another loan then?

Time to let him go.

No point hording players who either through timing or ability won't make it here.

It isn't the players fault that there are at least 2 players in front of him, chances are, if he had been a pro 10 years before, he would have had a long career in BS3.

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Time to let him go.

No point hording players who either through timing or ability won't make it here.

It isn't the players fault that there are at least 2 players in front of him, chances are, if he had been a pro 10 years before, he would have had a long career in BS3.

Yup, of course you are right. I always seem to forget there is an option to release players!  We have stockpiled and held on to too many for too long hoping they will either come good or someone else will want them and offer a fee. 

I must admit I did stand there last night and wonder if/when we will see these players turn out for the first team. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Yup, of course you are right. I always seem to forget there is an option to release players!  We have stockpiled and held on to too many for too long hoping they will either come good or someone else will want them and offer a fee. 

I must admit I did stand there last night and wonder if/when we will see these players turn out for the first team. 

Hopefully we'll have given them a good start for a pro career with facilities and training, but they can't all be first teamers.

1 hour ago, swindon fan said:

Confirmed friendly at Ashton Gate 12 noon this Saturday. We’ve got another in the afternoon v Brentford U23s so no idea what teams are likely to be out.

Our first team needs the game so it'll probably be a full strength team/squad from us - hopefully a full strength team from Swindon as well.

Archived