IGNORED

Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed

BLRed

Wonder if he could be a new rb option on loan for the coming season. Gregor informed me a new name cropped up today that he will report on early tomorrow. Not sure if he was getting much game time at Fulham or will be this coming season so could be an option with his england youth links 

Yeah he's Ryan's twin. He's pretty versatile but is predominantly a right back/right wing back. Another of the England Under 17 World Cup side from a couple of years back  he played all 90 mins at right back in the final against Spain and I think he got an assist in that game and generally got plaudits for his crossing ability. He's gone on to get a couple of caps at England u20 and u21 level so I'm guessing he's played under Simpson at least, maybe Downing too.

Has struggled for game time at Fulham, only made 9 appearances in the league last season but is only still only 20 so would be a long term investment if we bought him permanently.

Hope we get him, would be great to have him and Dasilva in the same team, may even help get us a few more england youth players as well. I see it’s a loan, whenever we do that we usually agree a fee for signing them at the end of the season, sounds like a win win! No way we’d go back in for Pedro at 5m! Wouldn’t say he’s much of an improvement on Hunt, sessegnon is much more of a modern full back, if we do sign him then it’s shaping up to be a very attacking team! 

I think he'd be great. Only seen him once or twice but he has some similarities to Dasilva in his athleticism and pace. Decent end-product too but would balance us nicely on that side.

I don't think Hunt is quite good enough to play RWB in a team with top 6 aspirations. Could be a really exciting signing. 

I appreciate this probably makes me sound really old fashioned, but I find news like this depressing.

Sessengon is never going to sign for us permanently so I would much rather we either persevered with Vyner and/or Hunt at RB or otherwise signed someone who wants to join us for good.

Personally though I wouldn’t look to sign a RB at all unless Hunt left, I think we only need another CB & then we have enough players.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Fulham’s third choice right back. Their fans don’t seem to think he is very good. 

Fulham have decent depth in defence, much better than us - Christie and Odoi are both very good right backs at this level. Also, right back plays quite differently to right wing back so he could fit better in a system playing 532. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I appreciate this probably makes me sound really old fashioned, but I find news like this depressing.

Sessengon is never going to sign for us permanently so I would much rather we either persevered with Vyner and/or Hunt at RB or otherwise signed someone who wants to join us for good.

Personally though I wouldn’t look to sign a RB at all unless Hunt left, I think we only need another CB & then we have enough players.

Wing back is a very demanding position. If as we expect, Holden is going to play 3-5-2 we need an additional option to Jack Hunt. Vyner might be able to play right back or centre back, but I really don't see him being effective as a right wing back.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Wing back is a very demanding position. If as we expect, Holden is going to play 3-5-2 we need an additional option to Jack Hunt. Vyner might be able to play right back or centre back, but I really don't see him being effective as a right wing back.

Agreed. I think having a low centre of gravity helps in that role. Vyner is too big and not agile enough. Could do well as a CB in a 3 though.

I may be alone but I have seen him several times for Fulham or on highlights shows and he has never looked that good. Feel like because they were twins he has reaped some benefit of the doubt from his brother. He has mistakes in him which can be coached out but I never thought he looked comfortable. 

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I agree. Not a fan of loans unless they obviously improve us hugely. Don’t see this as one of those.  Blood our own. Don’t blood someone else’s 

3 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Perhaps Bobby and Joe might put a good word in for us 

Or Paul and Keith ?

3 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

He'd be a good choice, 14 appearances in the championship (most of them at the start of the season) would give us a different option to hunt for right wing back / right back and can also play anywhere along the backline. 

Only really played senior football at RB....LB has been age group level.

2 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Just need Davefevs to look up about him and pretend he’s ever watched him and we can chalk this down as a genuine rumour.

Hehe.  I see where the Jolly comes from in your forum name ???

Haven’t seen much of him, highlights stuff, bit of Wyscout.  But he’s pretty quick!!

Good passing stats, as you’d expect for a Fulham player, and technically decent, as you’d expect for an England age group player.  4 at the back for Fulham and I’d say defensively, he needs to improve, but pace aids recovery ability.  But RWB might be better for him.

All yours OliestJolly ?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or Paul and Keith ?

Only really played senior football at RB....LB has been age group level.

Hehe.  I see where the Jolly comes from in your forum name ???

Haven’t seen much of him, highlights stuff, bit of Wyscout.  But he’s pretty quick!!

Good passing stats, as you’d expect for a Fulham player, and technically decent, as you’d expect for an England age group player.  4 at the back for Fulham and I’d say defensively, he needs to improve, but pace aids recovery ability.  But RWB might be better for him.

All yours OliestJolly ?

Dion Sanderson a young player who done well at Cardiff and is available for Loan from Wolves is also another surely worth looking at. Looked good when he played for Cardiff not sure his stats against Sessegnon.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You could have said the the same thing about Jay DaSilva and Tomas Kalas!

1 minute ago, mozo said:

You could have said the the same thing about Jay DaSilva and Tomas Kalas!

Dasilva maybe, but Kalas had reached a fork in the road in his career, he was 26, had been out on loan 6 times.

He was going to go somewhere in order to make the next step in his career.

17 minutes ago, redpole said:

Dion Sanderson a young player who done well at Cardiff and is available for Loan from Wolves is also another surely worth looking at. Looked good when he played for Cardiff not sure his stats against Sessegnon.

I thought he was really solid for Cardiff in the game against Leeds and against us.

52842548-6B50-42F5-936B-BC0DECD1F535.jpeg

A400545A-9DDD-413D-BEBE-217FF4DE18DA.jpeg

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It depends what we want from him to be honest, Hunt OOC end of the season and quite a few contracts expiring next summer, I wonder if we're waiting till next summer to recruit a new 1st choice RB when finances are more secure and (potentially) a lower wage bill allowing more to be invested in that player. So therefore I wouldn't be surprised if Sessengon comes in to do a job at RWB for a season. I think Vyner looked a lot better at CB than wing back so perhaps we don't want Vyner forced to be at WB regularly if something happens to Hunt and would prefer him to be able to play CB in rotation.

Archived