IGNORED

Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed

BLRed

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If this comes off, do we have Bobby and Joe to thank for giving us a good review?

Wondering if the formation will have helped too. If we've got a clear system and structure in place and a loan player is effectively competing with one other person for their place then that means a fair chance of regular football in a position where Fulham want to develop him. That's got to be appealing to them. 

Feel he would be a good addition.

Would he be there to compete with Hunt, overtake Hunt or maybe different wing backs for different games could play a role.

Could Hunt even be pushed wide right in a 3-4-2-1 in some scenarios say with Sessegnon RWB, thereby freeing Hunt up more offensively but having someone in front with a bit of defensive know how and us therefore with a greater ability to create 2 v 1 overloads in some phases and guard against it in others.                                                                                                                                    

We’re going to need two decent wing backs on the right side given we will be playing high tempo, high press. Hunt for me, isn’t up to that request. Yes he can cross a ball, but he’s not quick and not great defensively.

i wonder if we’ve looked at finding him a new club. I far prefer pereira over hunt, and to add sessegnon in there for competition would be a big upgrade on the right side of defence.

31 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Isn’t Hunt in the last year of his contract ? 

Yes.

24 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

We’re going to need two decent wing backs on the right side given we will be playing high tempo, high press. Hunt for me, isn’t up to that request. Yes he can cross a ball, but he’s not quick and not great defensively.

i wonder if we’ve looked at finding him a new club. I far prefer pereira over hunt, and to add sessegnon in there for competition would be a big upgrade on the right side of defence.

I prefer Pereira over Hunt too.  Hunt hasn’t been as good as I’d hoped he’d be.  He’s been fine (in an average way), I expected him to be better.

If we were to bring in both SS and PP, then at least one would have to be with an option to buy, or else you’d be starting from scratch next summer.

My guesswork is we will bring in one, and offer Hunt another year on a similar deal to what he’s on.

26 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I seem to be the only one who doesn’t see Pereira as any better than Hunt. Hunt is better going forward and I don’t feel confident with either of them facing a good winger. Both seem to get caught out of position a lot for me.

Pereira is only 22 and has the potential to improve, much as he did in the last part of the season. 

I don’t think we saw anything like the best of him with limited starts , a tombola team and tactics and his first season in a tough foreign league . He now has that experience and I believe will be a better player now . I hope that’s with City. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Pereira is only 22 and has the potential to improve, much as he did in the last part of the season. 

I don’t think we saw anything like the best of him with limited starts , a tombola team and tactics and his first season in a tough foreign league . He now has that experience and I believe will be a better player now . I hope that’s with City. 

I don't disagree - just feel we haven't yet seen that many strong performances from him, or that he's clearly better than Hunt, which many seem to feel.

Sessegnon deal should be done within the next week or so, providing no last minute problems occur. Worth mentioning that Reading were also very keen. 

Fulham have been trying to get a right back in themselves before committing to the deal. 

They were in for Matty Cash before he went to Villa. 

I have a friend who is a big Fulham fan and he said that Odoi and Christie aren't seen as consistent options for a Prem season. Odoi gets booked regularly which could trigger suspensions, and Christie is very inconsistent with his form.

* I want to state that I have been told this from my Fulham friend, never really had to ask him about rumours before as we haven't generally dealt with Fulham in the past. I hope he's correct as this is my first time sticking my neck out trying to confirm a rumour. ?

47 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Have to say, I’d prefer Pereira on loan with an option to buy like last season. In that way if we improve him we would have the potential to take him on with the long term benefit.  

With Hunt out of contract next summer, I’d like whoever we bring in on loan to have a future option to buy agreed.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With Hunt out of contract next summer, I’d like whoever we bring in on loan to have a future option to buy agreed.

Pereira knows us and the area. We know enough about him to know how he can be used, he looked comfortable, as a right back, wing back and as another option, right of a back 3. I think we would be more likely to get some sort of loan to buy option with him. Young, if we can buy him we will turn a profit, he seems an ideal signing for both the coaching team and for Mark Ashton

Archived