IGNORED

Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed

BLRed

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Pereira knows us and the area. We know enough about him to know how he can be used, he looked comfortable, as a right back, wing back and as another option, right of a back 3. I think we would be more likely to get some sort of loan to buy option with him. Young, if we can buy him we will turn a profit, he seems an ideal signing for both the coaching team and for Mark Ashton

If I had the choice, I would go for Pereira.

27 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Gregor's piece on Mawson ends with

If we can loan a few out, agree new deals for NE and FD and add Sessegon and Brunt our window will have been first class.........

Personally reckon NE will be sold and (this might be controversial) KP too. Simply can not  see either of them featuring often enough.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

If we can loan a few out, agree new deals for NE and FD and add Sessegon and Brunt our window will have been first class.........

Personally reckon NE will be sold and (this might be controversial) KP too. Simply can not  see either of them featuring often enough.

I think Holden wants a big emphasis on pressing and winning the ball back ASAP 

not sure Eliasson & Palmer fit that approach and I dare say the fitness and tracking data tells the story

High energy and very much in the modern football coaching strategy which we know worked for us but the players were burnt out after 4 months and we crashed and burned

It was great to watch until the wheels fell off. We can only hope DH has a plan to counter that 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Ola Aina rumoured to be joining Fulham loan option to buy, perhaps we could get Sessegnon on the same? Behind Odoi with Aina coming in, Cyrus Christie there but think his contract expires end of the season.

Sounds promising.

I'd rather have Pereira on loan with a buy personally, but would be more than happy with Sessegnon.

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Gregor's piece on Mawson ends with

I don't really trust Gregor on transfers. He did say we decided against Mawson. 

Manager wise he was on the money but he seems completely out of the loop on signings. 

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Ola Aina rumoured to be joining Fulham loan option to buy, perhaps we could get Sessegnon on the same? Behind Odoi with Aina coming in, Cyrus Christie there but think his contract expires end of the season.

Aina has been playing further forward the past few years for Torino. So not sure if he is being viewed as a fullback by Fulham. May not allow Sessengon to leave if Aina comes in

I did suspect we'd be fairly active in the transfer window as the board knew Holden needed backing and they couldn't afford to make things even more difficult for him.

Another really good signing imo. I also like the idea of Brunt. If we get him too then I think it's a fantastic window.

The only other player we'd need is another forward if Diedhiou leaves.

Sessegnon seems like an exciting prospect, but seems to be very much a work in progress. Not sure that's what we need. However, he has experience at this level, is known to coaches and has pace to burn so fingers crossed he takes a big step forward. Would have preferred to see Perreira back if I'm honest, but there's definitely things to like in this deal

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Sessegnon seems like an exciting prospect, but seems to be very much a work in progress. Not sure that's what we need. However, he has experience at this level, is known to coaches and has pace to burn so fingers crossed he takes a big step forward. Would have preferred to see Perreira back if I'm honest, but there's definitely things to like in this deal

I read online earlier that he's been used at Fulham as a centre half as well. Just gives us another potential option there should injuries effect Moore, Kalas and Mawson in those 3 CB positions. 

38 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

So he made 11 appearances for Fulham in the Champ last season and has 3 caps for England U-21. Can't really see any footage of him online, but at only 20 years old, we shouldn't be expecting him to come in as some kind of world beater. Hunt's shirt to lose still IMO. 

Allows Vyner to focus on playing/developing as a CB while keeping competition for Hunt. Wondering whether there may be an option to buy in there.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Allows Vyner to focus on playing/developing as a CB while keeping competition for Hunt. Wondering whether there may be an option to buy in there.

I'd be surprised given his age and that he has England caps. I guess Fulham want us to keep developing him in the hope that they have a real fine player on their hands in a few years time. 

7 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I read online earlier that he's been used at Fulham as a centre half as well. Just gives us another potential option there should injuries effect Moore, Kalas and Mawson in those 3 CB positions. 

Just looked it up and seems around 5'8" - bit short for CB ?

Mind you, that was Wiki.

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Mind you, that was Wiki.

Muggsy Bogues was a bit short for a Basketball player be he did OK. 

I suppose it's not only all about hight (not disregarding it), but he may have other skills/qualities like positioning, marking and strength that make up for his lack of height. His pace will certainly help if it means he doesn't take an age to turn like an Oil Tanker!

7 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Muggsy Bogues was a bit short for a Basketball player be he did OK. 

I suppose it's not only all about hight (not disregarding it), but he may have other skills/qualities like positioning, marking and strength that make up for his lack of height. His pace will certainly help if it means he doesn't take an age to turn like an Oil Tanker!

Bit off topic but our own Fatty Wedlock was playing for England as a centre half at 5'5".

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/100-year-old-story-bristol-3468601

Back on topic - I would prefer Pereira personally, but if Sessegnon is signed it'll be a good signing and give Hunt serious competition.

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Mind you, that was Wiki.

Yes he is 5ft 8, no way could we play him there beyond an emergency in a game such as a sending off when we’d already used all our subs.

Archived