IGNORED

Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed

BLRed

No mention of a future fee - Fulham obviously want him to have games, but also want to keep hold of him (same as Mawson, although he cost them £20m!!)

Good business, even better if we still have Fam and Nic when the window closes....

5 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Hopefully that’s it now. Squad is getting too big now. Think a couple of loans will need to happen before the end of the window.

I think they done good business and early , probably it as you say , but now reckon 2-3 out permanently, another similar amount on loan , mainly younger guys 

• The title was changed to Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed
8 minutes ago, markcarter said:

There may be some good business in there but it’s 2 free agents, 2 loanees & a cut-price player from a fire sale.

Not sure what your point is.

They key thing for me is that all address issues we have with the current squad.

Really like the balance now with Dasilva and Sessegnon bombing down the flanks.  Welcome Steven. 

1 minute ago, Red Skin said:

Not sure what your point is.

They key thing for me is that all address issues we have with the current squad.

Really like the balance now with Dasilva and Sessegnon bombing down the flanks.  Welcome Steven. 

Very good competition for Hunt.

16 minutes ago, markcarter said:

There may be some good business in there but it’s 2 free agents, 2 loanees & a cut-price player from a fire sale.

Bizarre comment. You do realise that we didn’t just land these guys with zero effort. Joe Williams definitely had plenty of other clubs interested, Derby had offered Martin another deal (albeit not as long as ours) Brunt will add plenty with his experience, physicality and technique, Mawson was wanted by Watford and Sessegnon was wanted by Swansea and Reading. Plenty of other Championship clubs would kill to have the window we’ve just had. 

My excel spreadsheets, depth charts and Tableau charts have taken a hammering.

Started preparing for adding Sessegnon, cropping photos, checking DOBs, etc.....to see them announce Brunt.

Quickly prep’d Brunt’s data, ran an update, to see a tweet of the roof again.

Luckily I had copied Sessegnon’s to a spare sheet, and just copied it back in.

Cat Reaction GIF

I sense tomorrow and the rest of the week might be equally as busy with contract updates and players leaving or going out on loan.

6 hours ago, markcarter said:

I prefer that to spunking millions on the likes of Engvall , Palmer, etc and never playing them.

We are not a rich Prem club nor do we have parachute payments. These are sensible well thought out transfers that, equally, may or may not work out but won’t break the club either. 

Please don’t think I am LJ bashing here, I’m just thinking out loud really. But why do I get the feeling that we are now landing players that might previously have turned us down. Of course I don’t know the amount of work that has gone on behind the scenes but this has been way too easy by our standards

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Absolute crap...

Lansdownes a bullshitter...what we'll achieve is a bottem half finish...

Bore off you absolute tool. Between City and the bears Lansdown will be losing millions every week atm and still backs the team. Why he bothers with supporters like you around, I have no idea. 

On 25/08/2020 at 11:44, steviestevieneville said:

Why do people want to shoehorn players into positions they don’t play ? O’dowda left wing back , Morrell , right wing back . Round pegs , round holes . 

On 25/08/2020 at 15:29, steviestevieneville said:

No, there isn’t countless examples , that’s absolute rubbish. You’ve quoted one, who was a attacking midfielder turned into a no 10

please , i really am looking forward to reading you’re countless examples.

pick a system and buy players to fit it. If you have players that don’t fit your system then move them on . O’dowda left wing back is one of the more laughable of your suggestions  tbh (no disrespect of course) 

On 25/08/2020 at 15:36, steviestevieneville said:

Just because you’ve named a number of midfielders , they’re all different players with different midfield attributes. We have a very truncated season coming up where they’ll all get plenty of game time. It’s very naive to think a team with so called aspirations of the top six can get away  with playing players out of position. We’re not talking versatile players here ie a james Milner . We’re talking young lads making their way in the game that position. 

Did you call me out over SL handling of Dean Holden's appointment? You know the disrespectful gummage head...

... We will always disagree on that (if it was you). But you are absolutely spot on with your comments. 

Players want to play. They will ultimately do what they are coached/told. If they don't they will sit on the bench. 

DH has brought in players that can play plan A B and C... older players with nous. 

This transfer window reminds me of Steve Cotterills. A system. The players. A plan 

Stevo 

Archived