Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed


Recommended Posts

On 25/08/2020 at 11:44, Davefevs said:

Or Paul and Keith 👀

Only really played senior football at RB....LB has been age group level.

Hehe.  I see where the Jolly comes from in your forum name 😂😂😂

Haven’t seen much of him, highlights stuff, bit of Wyscout.  But he’s pretty quick!!

Good passing stats, as you’d expect for a Fulham player, and technically decent, as you’d expect for an England age group player.  4 at the back for Fulham and I’d say defensively, he needs to improve, but pace aids recovery ability.  But RWB might be better for him.

All yours OliestJolly 😜

 

Surely that should be Fevs Football Statistics?

Seeing as you seem to pour harsh cold statistics on any misguided spark of a rumour.  FFS!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well he was a winger and then full back. But yes apparently they tried him out at centre back in a 3 as well when he was 16.

Na. At 12/13/14 he was played mainly as CM. He moved more to CB before he was ever played as LB. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough one example I got wrong. But makes no difference to the general point that loads of wingers or other positions have moved to full back early or even later in their career.

If players fill in for numerous games and do well then surely that means they can play well there.

Fair enough. I think comfortable performances at wing back against Wolves on 2 occasions, as well as looking much better defensively than Rowe one occasion O'Dowda moved to left back instead of Rowe shows he might be okay at left wing back.

Wish I could go on a lot more examples but he's not played there much. WBA away there were a lot bigger problems than O'Dowda mainly on the other side of the pitch and he wasn't on long before injury.

Me and Holden think differently to you and some others that maybe O'Dowda can play wing back. Let's see what he goes with.

 

I think where we disagree is in our evaluation of what constitutes “playing well”.

Doing a job, is my 6/10, as you’ll know from my usual match day player ratings. In limited minutes in a LWB position, I haven’t seen a significant contribution to justify him moving into 7s and 8s out of 10, which is what I’d constitute playing well.  I do mark tough.

Just trying to jog my memory re the Wolves and West Brom games you mention.  Which ones in particular.  The 1-4 defeat this season was a decent 15 minute start from the team where he went on a good run early on.  Got injured just before h-t from memory?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith Curle was a winger before Cooper converted him to a centre back, Bradley Orr was signed as a midfield player, before converting to a right back. 
At other clubs, Kevin Phillips was a right back.  There are lots of examples of players being converted over the years. Players would rather play than not learn a new position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think where we disagree is in our evaluation of what constitutes “playing well”.

Doing a job, is my 6/10, as you’ll know from my usual match day player ratings. In limited minutes in a LWB position, I haven’t seen a significant contribution to justify him moving into 7s and 8s out of 10, which is what I’d constitute playing well.  I do mark tough.

Just trying to jog my memory re the Wolves and West Brom games you mention.  Which ones in particular.  The 1-4 defeat this season was a decent 15 minute start from the team where he went on a good run early on.  Got injured just before h-t from memory?

Yes that's the West Brom one.

Wolves Fa cup second half and 3-3 but can't remember what minute he went to left wing back exactly. I think it was all the second half at least.

My thinking is he didn't look out of place there. And looked very good defensively and going forward at left back second half vs Boro in a diamond.

There's not really much else can be said other than let's see how he does. Holden looks like he is planning on using him there unless he's being sold. And then i would wonder why he is starting him at all.

Someone said on here Forest were trying to sign him as a left back. As Roy Keane told them that when he was down the gate scouting Callum..not sure if that is true, though would be a weird thing to make up!

I wonder what role Fulham were going to use him as if we'd accepted their bid last summer.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes that's the West Brom one.

Wolves Fa cup second half and 3-3 but can't remember what minute he went to left wing back exactly. I think it was all the second half at least.

My thinking is he didn't look out of place there. And looked very good defensively and going forward at left back second half vs Boro in a diamond.

There's not really much else can be said other than let's see how he does. Holden looks like he is planning on using him there unless he's being sold. And then i would wonder why he is starting him at all.

Someone said on here Forest were trying to sign him as a left back. As Roy Keane told them that when he was down the gate scouting Callum..not sure if that is true, though would be a weird thing to make up!

I wonder what role Fulham were going to use him as if we'd accepted their bid last summer.

 

Ta.

As for but in bold, I thought the Keane / Forest / Ireland stuff was around him playing in CM (rather than his usual winger position), rather than suggestion of LB...but hey-ho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta.

As for but in bold, I thought the Keane / Forest / Ireland stuff was around him playing in CM (rather than his usual winger position), rather than suggestion of LB...but hey-ho.

Fair enough..someone said Roy Keane told them left back. But then that would have meant Roy Keane being polite enough to have a conversation with some random city fan. Hmm so who knows! 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough one example I got wrong. But makes no difference to the general point that loads of wingers or other positions have moved to full back early or even later in their career.

If players fill in for numerous games and do well then surely that means they can play well there.

Fair enough. I think comfortable performances at wing back against Wolves on 2 occasions, as well as looking much better defensively than Rowe one occasion O'Dowda moved to left back instead of Rowe shows he might be okay at left wing back.

Wish I could go on a lot more examples but he's not played there much. WBA away there were a lot bigger problems than O'Dowda mainly on the other side of the pitch and he wasn't on long before injury.

Me and Holden think differently to you and some others that maybe O'Dowda can play wing back. Let's see what he goes with.

 

Yes, we’ll see. All about opinions which is good for debate. If he can be coached to be defensively sound at wingback then Holden deserves high praise indeed. Personally hoping , if he did play there v Villa then it was only plugging a gap . Time will tell . 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2020 at 12:32, steviestevieneville said:

 I stopped reading after your first sentence . Chatting shit tbh . Nothing personal 😊

 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes, we’ll see. All about opinions which is good for debate. . 😊

🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If this comes off, do we have Bobby and Joe to thank for giving us a good review?

Wondering if the formation will have helped too. If we've got a clear system and structure in place and a loan player is effectively competing with one other person for their place then that means a fair chance of regular football in a position where Fulham want to develop him. That's got to be appealing to them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel he would be a good addition.

Would he be there to compete with Hunt, overtake Hunt or maybe different wing backs for different games could play a role.

Could Hunt even be pushed wide right in a 3-4-2-1 in some scenarios say with Sessegnon RWB, thereby freeing Hunt up more offensively but having someone in front with a bit of defensive know how and us therefore with a greater ability to create 2 v 1 overloads in some phases and guard against it in others.                                                                                                                                    

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

We’re strong suggestions pereira is coming back so if we were to get sessegnon as well, I can see hunt going.

My gut feel was it’s an “either / or”....but as you say if we got both, surely that would mean hunt going?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re going to need two decent wing backs on the right side given we will be playing high tempo, high press. Hunt for me, isn’t up to that request. Yes he can cross a ball, but he’s not quick and not great defensively.

i wonder if we’ve looked at finding him a new club. I far prefer pereira over hunt, and to add sessegnon in there for competition would be a big upgrade on the right side of defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elhombrecito changed the title to Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...