Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Steven Sessegnon - Loan Signing Confirmed

8 minutes ago, markcarter said:

There may be some good business in there but it’s 2 free agents, 2 loanees & a cut-price player from a fire sale.

Not sure what your point is.

They key thing for me is that all address issues we have with the current squad.

Really like the balance now with Dasilva and Sessegnon bombing down the flanks.  Welcome Steven. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Red Skin said:

Not sure what your point is.

They key thing for me is that all address issues we have with the current squad.

Really like the balance now with Dasilva and Sessegnon bombing down the flanks.  Welcome Steven. 

Very good competition for Hunt.

16 minutes ago, markcarter said:

There may be some good business in there but it’s 2 free agents, 2 loanees & a cut-price player from a fire sale.

Bizarre comment. You do realise that we didn’t just land these guys with zero effort. Joe Williams definitely had plenty of other clubs interested, Derby had offered Martin another deal (albeit not as long as ours) Brunt will add plenty with his experience, physicality and technique, Mawson was wanted by Watford and Sessegnon was wanted by Swansea and Reading. Plenty of other Championship clubs would kill to have the window we’ve just had. 

• Like 13
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

My excel spreadsheets, depth charts and Tableau charts have taken a hammering.

Started preparing for adding Sessegnon, cropping photos, checking DOBs, etc.....to see them announce Brunt.

Quickly prep’d Brunt’s data, ran an update, to see a tweet of the roof again.

Luckily I had copied Sessegnon’s to a spare sheet, and just copied it back in.

Cat Reaction GIF

I sense tomorrow and the rest of the week might be equally as busy with contract updates and players leaving or going out on loan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1
6 hours ago, markcarter said:

I prefer that to spunking millions on the likes of Engvall , Palmer, etc and never playing them.

We are not a rich Prem club nor do we have parachute payments. These are sensible well thought out transfers that, equally, may or may not work out but won’t break the club either. 

• Like 9

Please don’t think I am LJ bashing here, I’m just thinking out loud really. But why do I get the feeling that we are now landing players that might previously have turned us down. Of course I don’t know the amount of work that has gone on behind the scenes but this has been way too easy by our standards

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Absolute crap...

Lansdownes a bullshitter...what we'll achieve is a bottem half finish...

Bore off you absolute tool. Between City and the bears Lansdown will be losing millions every week atm and still backs the team. Why he bothers with supporters like you around, I have no idea. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
On 25/08/2020 at 11:44, steviestevieneville said:

Why do people want to shoehorn players into positions they don’t play ? O’dowda left wing back , Morrell , right wing back . Round pegs , round holes . 

On 25/08/2020 at 15:29, steviestevieneville said:

No, there isn’t countless examples , that’s absolute rubbish. You’ve quoted one, who was a attacking midfielder turned into a no 10

please , i really am looking forward to reading you’re countless examples.

pick a system and buy players to fit it. If you have players that don’t fit your system then move them on . O’dowda left wing back is one of the more laughable of your suggestions  tbh (no disrespect of course) 

On 25/08/2020 at 15:36, steviestevieneville said:

Just because you’ve named a number of midfielders , they’re all different players with different midfield attributes. We have a very truncated season coming up where they’ll all get plenty of game time. It’s very naive to think a team with so called aspirations of the top six can get away  with playing players out of position. We’re not talking versatile players here ie a james Milner . We’re talking young lads making their way in the game that position. 

Did you call me out over SL handling of Dean Holden's appointment? You know the disrespectful gummage head...

... We will always disagree on that (if it was you). But you are absolutely spot on with your comments. 

Players want to play. They will ultimately do what they are coached/told. If they don't they will sit on the bench. 

DH has brought in players that can play plan A B and C... older players with nous. 

This transfer window reminds me of Steve Cotterills. A system. The players. A plan 

Stevo 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Did you call me out over SL handling of Dean Holden's appointment? You know the disrespectful gummage head...

... We will always disagree on that (if it was you). But you are absolutely spot on with your comments. 

Players want to play. They will ultimately do what they are coached/told. If they don't they will sit on the bench. 

DH has brought in players that can play plan A B and C... older players with nous. 

This transfer window reminds me of Steve Cotterills. A system. The players. A plan 

Stevo 

And may I add ? , the edge that we have been missing since LJ had the reins. 
Players who can mix it with the other streetwise opponents who always made us look soft . 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Stevo 

All these replies were to @JonDolman mate 

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Absolute crap...

Lansdownes a bullshitter...what we'll achieve is a bottem half finish...

Thank goodness school is back!

Time for you to do some catching up:

1 )'Lansdown' is spelt Lansdown.

2) When shortening is , you must add an apostrophe as in 'Lansdown's an amazing benefactor'.

3) Bottem is spelt bottom as in  " I bet you are/were always bottom of the class which is why you're so spiteful and bitter the whole time".

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
Lansdown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

That’s exactly my thoughts too. 

Its interesting to see that in under a month, Dean has sold and recruited in positions that it seemed obvious to many needed improvement. 

”I need three windows” seems even more rediculous. 

Encouraging signs 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
2 hours ago, RedM said:

Please don’t think I am LJ bashing here, I’m just thinking out loud really. But why do I get the feeling that we are now landing players that might previously have turned us down. Of course I don’t know the amount of work that has gone on behind the scenes but this has been way too easy by our standards

I think that Covid 19 has been, in this instance alone, greatly beneficial to BCFC.

There are many Clubs throughout the EFL who are going to be in big trouble income wise and will be desperately seeking to reduce expenditure. BCFC have never been a particularly fashionable club but is now very well known for its owner, facilities and stability. The coaching set up is even more centred around development whilst the new training facility will make a vast difference. And being guaranteed your wages also helps!

Whereas we are still not a glamour club- I suspect players , agents and club's see us as a very attractive stable option at a time of great turbulence .

JD & MA are suddenly in a much stronger position to bring in players who may have overlooked us previously.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, RedM said:

Yep, earlier in the window there was talk of West Brom being interested in Joe Williams, and my first thought was “that’s that then”, but we landed him.

Mawson - Watford

Sessegnon - Reading and Swansea (Swansea in particular with the England age group links)

I think we are close to being done, if nit already.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think that Covid 19 has been, in this instance alone, greatly beneficial to BCFC.

There are many Clubs throughout the EFL who are going to be in big trouble income wise and will be desperately seeking to reduce expenditure. BCFC have never been a particularly fashionable club but is now very well known for its owner, facilities and stability. The coaching set up is even more centred around development whilst the new training facility will make a vast difference. And being guaranteed your wages also helps!

Whereas we are still not a glamour club- I suspect players , agents and club's see us as a very attractive stable option at a time of great turbulence .

JD & MA are suddenly in a much stronger position to bring in players who may have overlooked us previously.

Jay Dasilva is involved in recruitment ?

Edited by Major Isewater