IGNORED

Villa friendly

siuk101

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Since when has Villa been a big attraction, have I missed something?

To be fair in terms of most usually accepted criteria, Villa are a top 8 club in England in terms of size. However, I agree the fact it is a friendly, we've played them more than once recently, the rising covid numbers means there is no threat of thousands descending on BS3.

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Last season.

Yes they streamed the Derby friendly. That one got interrupted by a storm and then the second half as streamed the day after.

But the game you're all thinking of was Palace at the gate. Played after we got back from Tampa. They pumped us 5-0 and van Aanholt made Eliasson look like a schoolboy.

Or was it Sahko.?

• Admin
57 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

MK Dons able to stream games on youtube, don't get why we're not able to show pre-season games unless its being held at a training ground

There are many many clubs showing their pre-season games.

To me if the idea is to keep people away from the Villa game, then the easy solution is to broadcast it

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm pretty sure it was PvA, but tbh the entire Palace team had the run of the place. I recall as well this was also the game where Szmodics had a run out and everyone decided he was cack.

Sorry, you may be right....I was thinking cup game.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

There are many many clubs showing their pre-season games.

To me if the idea is to keep people away from the Villa game, then the easy solution is to broadcast it

Would suspect both clubs are keen to keep their teams / tactics under wraps.

Apparently line up was

City starting XI today in 1-1 draw with villa was 
                      Bentley; 
          Moore. Kalas. Baker.          
Hunt.            Morrell.      O'Dowda
            Paterson. Elliason 
             Diedhiou, Wells

Interesting that Elliason starts again. Surely he isn’t leaving. 

56 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Eliasson the championship version of David Silva, I hope!

It's good to see Dean trying to get our best attacking talent into the side even if the formation doesn't naturally suit Eliasson. 

It's easier to coach attacking players to defend/press than coaching defensive players to attack. Eliasson showed in his tackling stats last season that he will not shy away from the defensive side of the game.

58 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Eliasson is an impact player (a player coming oas a sub) whatever position he is played in for a team incompetent of dictating a game like Bristol City. He don't have the capacity to run around like a headless chicken for 90 min.

Don’t need him to 60mins will be plenty! 

Archived