IGNORED

Swansea

Unan

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Let's hope Holden agrees with you and Morrell and Walsh get the chance as opposed to last season's midfield which included Massengo and Nagy and were for a lot of the time not good enough 

Massengo and Nagy were starting to look good in the early part of the season, as was Palmer playing in behind Afobe.

Nagy and Afobe’s injuries stopped that momentum and a combination of Nagy never really seeming fully fit and LJ’s increasingly disjointed thinking, tactics, formations and selection meant we never again saw the best of either player.

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Obviously not all gone back there but they seem to be quietly and solidly improving.

I say this pretty much every season but I think it is a really open league next season. When you look at the favourites, Brentford are a great side but in a new stadium and teams can take a while to cover from a play-off final defeat and you could make arguments for or against all three Premier League teams coming back down, Forest tailed off, Cardiff need to prove they are as good as they finished the season rather than as they started it and Derby and Stoke were inconsistent last year.

I think Swansea, Brentford and Stoke are the three teams I'd be placing my money on if I were a betting man...

Don't see brentford in the mix. They'll lose key players and take time to settle in the new stadium. They'll lose a huge amount of goals if the big three go

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Signed Rhian Brewster (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea) and Marc Guehi (Chelsea), Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolves). All young england / prem teenagers, I thought this is what we were supposed to be doing with our 2 new coaches? Who's in control of transfers here?

I could be wrong (probably am) but I thought the assumption that the 2 new coaches were suddenly going to bring all the England Under 23/20/19/17's etc etc was the standard OTIB reaction that one person posts hypothetically and all of a sudden its gospel and the Bristol Post are printing it? I haven't seen anything quoted from the club that this was the strategy? 

I'm certainly hopeful that they can use their contacts/influence to bring some talent in if that's the clubs strategy for the season.

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Are you talking to yourself?

You mentioned he was an understudy to Joe Bryan yet it was clarified he plays on the other side of the pitch so it's incorrect and irrelevant.

You clearly agree with the OP who's claiming that Swansea have signed 4 England youth on loan (when only 1 has signed) and our coaches now should be some how responsible for this. Someone points out England youngster Sessegnon who we are apparently after and now after being disproven about being Bryan's understudy you move on to his appearances at 19 so far.

Keep digging that hole ?

I agree somewhat with the post in that we should be trying to get the best players in our club so that we can push for promotion rather than having the mindset of oh well Swansea are a bigger club, good luck to them.  I don't believe it's anything to do with the coaches though, its purely based on who's on Ashton's radar.  Perhaps he will come up with another peach for us such as Lois Diony

@Seneca the Younger

Brewster and Gallagher haven't gone back there though. Woodman and Guehi have however, Gibbs White also joined on loan.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I think that’s what everyone assumed, which as we know is always a dangerous thing.

It was assumed that the two coaches were in control of all the England youngsters and just by being here we would gets first dibs on the cream of the crop. 

Real Life of course is very different. Anyway there are always tons of youngsters surplus to their parent clubs requirements, if it’s going to happen it will happen. But I don’t think who we have coaching is going to make much difference.

Agree with a lot of your post but unsure about last bit. Not for the reason many state, more like nepotism and favours are rife in football.

Wonder if Man City paid Derby this season a nice fat loan fee for Carson. Nothing at all of course if so, to do with Cocu playing alongside Pep at Barca some time ago. :)

52 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Let's hope Holden agrees with you and Morrell and Walsh get the chance as opposed to last season's midfield which included Massengo and Nagy and were for a lot of the time not good enough 

Quite happy to see Walsh and Morrell get their chance but playing 2 in CM as we often did, or two with Palmer, or even at times two with Paterson.

It's outmoded,at decent Ievels, it will often prove 'not good enough'. You lose central areas and you lose control- LJ couldn't or wouldn't see it.

52 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Massengo and Nagy were starting to look good in the early part of the season, as was Palmer playing in behind Afobe.

Nagy and Afobe’s injuries stopped that momentum and a combination of Nagy never really seeming fully fit and LJ’s increasingly disjointed thinking, tactics, formations and selection meant we never again saw the best of either player.

I thought so too, though we still didn't have or weren't able to gain enough of the control in midfield for my liking, looking back. 

The injuries were a big factor. I'd also say Kalas and DaSilva. Not midfield but a fit Kalas and DaSilva as we grew into the new shape, would have helped us get up the field more, bit more possession.

Feel Kalas and Moore of our CBs this time last year best suited to a higher line. DaSilva, his attacking potential from LWB is clear.

17 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Just want the best for the club which I believe should be "pushing for promotion", if you are happy with mid-table obscurity then happy days for you.

Where have the club indicated we are not “pushing for promotion” or conversely, that we are “pushing for mid-table obscurity”?

49 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I agree somewhat with the post in that we should be trying to get the best players in our club so that we can push for promotion rather than having the mindset of oh well Swansea are a bigger club, good luck to them.  I don't believe it's anything to do with the coaches though, its purely based on who's on Ashton's radar.  Perhaps he will come up with another peach for us such as Lois Diony

So you agree ever so partially to the OP's factually incorrect post but really want another opportunity to talk about Mark Ashton and draw comparisons to our present day transfer dealings to a player we had on loan at the start of 2018 for 6 months. That clears it up, thanks.

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

Don't see brentford in the mix. They'll lose key players and take time to settle in the new stadium. They'll lose a huge amount of goals if the big three go

Brentford lose key players every year and always replace well. The new stadium thing - who knows. I would expect them to be in top 6.

Swansea were after Palmer last summer and he came to Ashton Gate instead, so the doom and gloom from the OP is unnecessary. Would I like Brewster to join our front line? Hell yeah but give his form last season, I would suggest a lower end Premier League loan is more likely.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just joking Griffin, apologies. It is a bit odd though..

“When a mind is impressionable and has none too firm a hold on what is right, it must be rescued from the crowd; it is easy for it to go over to the majority.”

10 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Anyway its Mark Ashton CEO and wannabe DOF that signs the players (unless they don't work out and then the manager signed them)...we need some "humans ideally'

It's Mark Ashton who negotiates and signs the players that the manager (or head coach to be more accurate) wants.

But I guess that doesn't fit your agenda, does it?

Just out of interest, with a name such as LoyalRed, who exactly are you loyal to???

8 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Just want the best for the club which I believe should be "pushing for promotion", if you are happy with mid-table obscurity then happy days for you.

My experience of your posts is that you just want to vilify all things BCFC related.You support not supporting City. Kind of weird really.

If you care to object to my comment then I'm very happy to give you at least a dozen examples of your consistant vitriol going back about 3 seasons.

@LoyalRed

I genuinely think you cannot possibly be a fan and as for "Loyal Red"- that's irony at its best

Here's half a dozen to be going on with:

Ashton needs to go, what a total scumbag he is”

“and ultimately set BCFC back 10 years, we will be relegation fodder next season. The players are happy as they know they will be safe under Holden, collect their wage and under perform on a regular basis”

“Holden doesn’t need to take the job, he knows he is vastly inexperienced and will most likely fail and fail quickly leaving his career in tatters. He should come and read the forum and then base his decision on whether he’s actually wanted here. So by accepting the job he is part of the problem and it is his fault also”

“Dean Holden May be a nice guy, I really don’t know but to complete in the championship you don’t appoint a rookie, would much rather have LJ back instead of this crap, sh1t show controlled by Ashton”

“Hughton was available so we chased Gerrard, then when Gerrard said no we went back to Hughton who gave us 2 fingers and now we are scraping the barrel , well done ! Would have been happier keeping LJ. Having heard Steve L’s interview he was looking for a manager who would take us to the next level and had experience 
in…”

“Isnt it obvious ? We have always been a good L1 side but now we are crap. Gary Johnson got us into the championship and pretty much held us there until we got rid thinking we could do better, since then it's just been 3/4 years of sh1t”

Mods- I'm attacking a series of posts not the poster- he's just collateral damage.

Archived