IGNORED

Joe Bryan

RedRoss

I understand the concept of players being better suited to different situations but I'd be very very surprised if this was the whole story!

This is the highest marketability point of Joe's career so far. He has two years left on his contract so is essentially at maximum selling value and Fulham have basically just replaced him and resigned their future LB too as the article points out. Because if he plays in the Prem to his past standard of Prem games, his value will sink, and if he's stuck on the bench the same thing happens. His value only goes up if what happened before doesn't happen this time. That's a huge risk financially.

This smells! it reeks! it stinks! of Fulham trying to start a bidding war by leaking speculation to the press. Other people are interested, get in quickly! And for Joe and his agents position it makes sense for them to try to cash in now with a long term deal at a good club so they would definitely go along with it too.

Can’t see it. Fairly certain Bryan struggled to settle in London, and his performances first season indicated that. There was a piece in the media about house he really struggled with his mental health being away from home and things not going so well 

He seems to have settled now, even more so that his mate is with him....

He won’t leave Fulham 

53 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Can’t see it. Fairly certain Bryan struggled to settle in London, and his performances first season indicated that. There was a piece in the media about house he really struggled with his mental health being away from home and things not going so well 

He won’t leave Fulham 

He’s a professional footballer, if he’s offered more money and a better prospective to advance his career then he will go. Leicester are currently better placed to succeed than Fulham. 

He will have learnt a lesson with his move to Fulham and should be able to cope with a change of club better now. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I thought Joe was only happy and settled due to the arrival of Bobby, is he part of the package too? 

He may be but this could be a chance for Europa league football, 1 year out from the euros and England don’t have many stand out left backs, one good season......

9 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Might just be paper talk but apparently Leicester after Bryan. If true great move for him and hopefully a nice windfall for us.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12499055/ben-chilwell-chelsea-leicester-joe-bryan-robin-gosens-transfer-exclusive/

Could just be paper talk. The Sun isn’t exactly known for its accuracy on anything let alone football.

That said, if Bryan does move on from Fulham, personally I’d love him to join the mighty Liverpool....sadly tho they’re pretty well off for left backs.

Just now, Robbored said:

Could just be paper talk. The Sun isn’t exactly known for its accuracy on anything let alone football.

That said, if Bryan does move on from Fulham, personally I’d love him to join the mighty Liverpool....sadly tho they’re pretty well off for left backs.

Who have they got?

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Robertson, Greek lad, Milne. Pretty sure Joe Gomez can slot in at LB also.

Klopp likes working with a smaller squad it seems.

I know that, it was a Q to Robbored who has no interest in other clubs, so I wanted to know his view. ?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Who have they got?

The one who holds the LB slot is the very classy Robertson with a Greek named Simikas as second choice.

Actually, thinking about it....maybe Liverpool aren’t quite as well off for LBs as I first thought............:cool2:

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The one who holds the LB slot is the very classy Robertson with a Greek named Simikas as second choice.

Actually, thinking about it....maybe Liverpool aren’t quite as well off for LBs as I first thought............:cool2:

Very impressed. ??

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

He may be but this could be a chance for Europa league football, 1 year out from the euros and England don’t have many stand out left backs, one good season......

Don’t think a LB was called up at all this last England selection. Chilwell injured but think it shows not much faith in the rest of the bunch(Bertrand, Shaw who else?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

He's not good enough for Liverpool in my opinion. I am not quite sure if he is Leicester level personally but would be a fantastic move for him if it's true.

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

He won’t leave Fulham 

But he has got used to being away from home now.

Cant see him turning down a move to a top 6 club

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's not good enough for Liverpool in my opinion. I am not quite sure if he is Leicester level personally but would be a fantastic move for him if it's true.

I think Joe could play at that level. He has good technical ability and IQ but has his concentration improved? That would be my biggest concern. Think he relied on his athleticism and coasted at times with us. Can’t at that level. Remember Robertson joined Liverpool from Hull and many thought it was an odd move. He may not be as good as Chilwell but 50m for Chilwell vs 15m(throwing out a number) for Bryan. Not sure there is a 35m plus bigger wages difference between them. 

Archived