IGNORED

Most disliked player.

Oh Louie louie

Diego Maradonna - undoubted talent but what a cheating F@@K - 'Hand of God' indeed. 

I also really dislike Roy Keane intensely - in my playing days I only ever had 2 fights and those were both with a Keane type - different players (captains) on my OWN side who was constantly moaning and griping at me so I lost it with them. I told them that they TALK a good game and if they put as much effort into playing, instead of running their own players down they might be as useful as the rest of the team.
On both occasions the game went flat and the dressing room was horrible afterwards, but I HATE bullies and the 'red mist' came down.
Having said that we could probably do with a Keane in our own side...... 

51 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Alexander dived and caught the ball in a derby game i recall.

Think it was the 3 3 game.

It was the 2-1, the year they went down, he saved it on the line, then tried to pretend it had hit his face, Tinnion scored from the spot in one of his very first games.

Alexander was sent off against us 3 times at AG, that one, one when he stamped on Dave Smith when he was on the floor and in a game when Twentyman got sent off as well.

He wasn’t “tough” he was a kicker, who couldn’t play football to save his life.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It was the 2-1, the year they went down, he saved it on the line, then tried to pretend it had hit his face, Tinnion scored from the spot in one of his very first games.

Alexander was sent off against us 3 times at AG, that one, one when he stamped on Dave Smith when he was on the floor and in a game when Twentyman got sent off as well.

He wasn’t “tough” he was a kicker, who couldn’t play football to save his life.

Was it alexander who was sent off for kicking the ball away??

those days when rovers actually had players like penrice and white, twentyman etc etc, the games were legitimately close and so tense!!

thats why the donawa goal will always be remembered by those of us who were there

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Was it alexander who was sent off for kicking the ball away??

those days when rovers actually had players like penrice and white, twentyman etc etc, the games were legitimately close and so tense!!

thats why the donawa goal will always be remembered by those of us who were there

My recollection is his 3 reds against us were;

Handball on the line.

When he stamped on Dave Smith.

Accumulation of fouls meaning 2 yellows.

Don’t remember him ever being sent off for kicking the ball away.

You are right, it was an evil atmosphere against them under Francis, as they were a truly horrible side, Alexander, Jones, Holloway & Devon White, who as well as being a fan of the stray elbow was never averse to “accidentally” kicking a keeper in the head when collecting the ball on the floor, he did it to Keith Welch several times.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Nathan Thompson 

Who was the other CB for Swindon that season? Franco was it?

I’ll never forget the way he tried to man handle Flint for every corner at our place. Should have had about 5 penalties!

Worked out well for them in the end anyway..

• Admin
2 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Billy sharp 

Absolute top bloke I just hated the fact he always scored against us. 

Don't forget the way he celebrated against us when scoring at Doncaster in injury time, then being held back by Clarkson and Fontaine as he tried to celebrate infront of us again after the final whistle

Had some fun with Nicky Mohan and Gavin Ward over the years when they played for Stoke. Sitting right behind the goal they were very easy to wind up, the amount of threats they gave those sat close by was incredible. I will never forget the rage on Ward's face when Tinnion lobbed him from the halfway line and he fell and got stuck in the netting as we celebrated in front of him. Not sure if people remember, but Ward did something very similar again against Rovers a few games later, where they pelted him with coins and one "fan" even ran on to try and fight Ward.

Holloway for obvious reasons, but still laugh whenever I hear Neymar talked about on TV

Marcus Bignot was another tosser, he had obviously left his mark on us playing for Rovers when he celebrated in front of us for scoring in the first minute and again had banter with him that he didn't approve of. We played at Rushden and Diamonds and from the moment he was warming up a small group had him on a hook. R&D scored early in the game and celebratedby running to the edge of the pitch infront of us, of course he got a reaction. But during the game more and more lost his head, got booked for a silly challenge and in truth should have walked, but he lost the plot near the end of the game, resulting in an incident of one of his team mates getting sent off

39 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Who was the other CB for Swindon that season? Franco was it?

I’ll never forget the way he tried to man handle Flint for every corner at our place. Should have had about 5 penalties!

Worked out well for them in the end anyway..

Branco, I think. He swung an elbow at Flint a couple of times in that game, as well as wrestling him at every set piece.

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

No smith, i dont just dislike him because of his gestures.

Im guessing you know nothing of his history.

Ian baird was hated even more for giving gestures btw.

Can you tell me about his history then as you are correct, I don’t know

Baird gave a gesture to his own fans which I would say is a bit worse than giving it to opposing fans. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Diego Maradonna - undoubted talent but what a cheating F@@K - 'Hand of God' indeed. 

I also really dislike Roy Keane intensely - in my playing days I only ever had 2 fights and those were both with a Keane type - different players (captains) on my OWN side who was constantly moaning and griping at me so I lost it with them. I told them that they TALK a good game and if they put as much effort into playing, instead of running their own players down they might be as useful as the rest of the team.
On both occasions the game went flat and the dressing room was horrible afterwards, but I HATE bullies and the 'red mist' came down.
Having said that we could probably do with a Keane in our own side...... 

Talking the talk but not walking the walk is not really an accusation you could hurl at Keane, IMO.

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Mine is Phil kite, I recall him giving us the bird behind his back at one away game.

We were only singing about him getting battered and bruised with a brick after all.

He also turned around and laughed when his team scored, that never goes down well.

I dont think i was the only 1 who disliked him.

I was gutted when we signed him.

Lot of time for Kitey, he’s alright to be fair.

Mine would be Mark Shail, Danny Mills and Ben Thatcher.

Archived