IGNORED

Williams injured

glen humphries

32 minutes ago, James54De said:

As above. No artificial pitch here. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Well as we don't have an artificial pitch, that will not apply.

PS. Somebody else explain the construction of a grass Desso pitch, as I've done it several times on here.

PPS @Furious Custard

Ask the Bristol Rugby players for the difference between Ashton Gate and the pitch at Worcester which is plastic.

Sorry but my understanding of a desso pitch is that some percentage of it is artificial and made from polypropylene fibres to re inforce the grass and the roots ? 

5 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Sorry but my understanding of a desso pitch is that some percentage of it is artificial and made from polypropylene fibres to re inforce the grass and the roots ? 

Yes I believe so. An element of plastic and grass. I think each bit it injected into the base.

1 hour ago, Furious Custard said:

About 5% I believe.  A few years back I got corrected as I thought it was 50:50. ?

2 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Yes I believe so. An element of plastic and grass. I think each bit it injected into the base.

A couple of years ago a friend approached me and said he had a great business idea to create artificial playing surfaces for sport. 
I told him to go on Dragons Den and make a pitch. 

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

You are more informed than some.

The polypropylene fibre, "plastic string" is used as follows.

20cm lengths are inserted vertically in the ground at 2cm apart in all directions of the pitch. So a lot of them.

The polypropylene is about 95% below ground level and the principle is that the grass roots intertwine into it. Thus when there is damage to the grass leaves, the root remains in the ground to continue growing.

Most clubs also use undersoil heating to keep the grass growing in very cold weather and also ultra violet lamps above ground to encourage growth.

On an ordinary grass pitch in wet weather, the grass roots are often kicked out of the ground which leaves bare patches. Goal areas are particularly vulnerable.

Sorry FC if my initial response was a bit sarcastic.

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You are more informed than some.

The polypropylene fibre, "plastic string" is used as follows.

20cm lengths are inserted vertically in the ground at 2cm apart in all directions of the pitch. So a lot of them.

The polypropylene is about 95% below ground level and the principle is that the grass roots intertwine into it. Thus when there is damage to the grass leaves, the root remains in the ground to continue growing.

Most clubs also use undersoil heating to keep the grass growing in very cold weather and also ultra violet lamps above ground to encourage growth.

On an ordinary grass pitch in wet weather, the grass roots are often kicked out of the ground which leaves bare patches. Goal areas are particularly vulnerable.

Sorry FC if my initial response was a bit sarcastic.

Thanks for explaining. I and many others have always thought that some of the plastic fibres do stick above the ground. 

16 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Bakinson is Mr Invisible. Zero impact on games even at L2 level. He is an alibi runner if anything.

Presumably you saw more of him from Sweden than the Plymouth fans did then Tommy?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/green-army-raving-over-plymouth-3754092.amp?espv=1

9 hours ago, Harry said:

A couple of years ago a friend approached me and said he had a great business idea to create artificial playing surfaces for sport. 
I told him to go on Dragons Den and make a pitch. 

My grandfather used to say, "As one door closes, another one opens"
Lovely man, terrible cabinet maker.

Back to the injury.

Is it true he was scissored by Nagy charging in at knee height, and Morrell simultaneously scything in at ankle height??

Just to make sure, Bakinson stamped on his hand while he was down and Paterson put in a rabbit punch to the back of the head.

Competition is definitely hot in midfield this season.

35 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Back to the injury.

Is it true he was scissored by Nagy charging in at knee height, and Morrell simultaneously scything in at ankle height??

Just to make sure, Bakinson stamped on his hand while he was down and Paterson put in a rabbit punch to the back of the head.

?

32 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Back to the injury.

That may as well be true. Why has there been secrecy around these Walsh and Williams injuries? Why has the club not disclosed the line up for the 2nd hour of the friendly v Villa?

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Back to the injury.

You are right, they were told he was hording all the food vouchers.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Nagy right wing back. Interesting...

He has played right back before for a previous club but hardly at all.

And he played there briefly one game for us.

And Bakinson at the back interesting too.

Not so sure about that midfield though!

They probably had those roles more out of convenience than design.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah probably.

But then Holden seems to plan to play Eliasson as a box to box midfielder, so I guess anything is possible!

Looked like Bakinson left of the 3 with Moore in the middle on the picture I saw.

Curious. It doesn't really matter in a game like that I suppose. The Exeter game will tell us a lot more about Holden's plans for the side.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Sorry - but there's three pages now that I don't have time to read...

Has there actually been any confirmation that Williams is injured?

Afaik Walsh and Williams MIA and presumed dead...

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Gregor now reporting he will be out for “up to” 12 weeks..

FFS, our luck at the start of the season with injuries is incredible. 

Could be almost a 3rd of the season gone by the time he is fully match fit/sharp. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Archived