IGNORED

Sky sports sack Thompson, Le Tissier and Nicholas

MC RISK77

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Jeff Stelling and the others remind me a little of the old top gear guys messrs Clarkson, May and um the other one, they’ve probably been doing the same thing for a touch too long now, and whilst they have their fans which is fair enough, the longer they go on the more old hat they appear to be to anyone under the age of 40

Perish the thought that anyone should appeal to those of us over 40, eh?  Whatever next?  They’ll be making us pay tax next...

43 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Perish the thought that anyone should appeal to those of us over 40, eh?  Whatever next?  They’ll be making us pay tax next...

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Jeff Stelling and the others remind me a little of the old top gear guys messrs Clarkson, May and um the other one, they’ve probably been doing the same thing for a touch too long now, and whilst they have their fans which is fair enough, the longer they go on the more old hat they appear to be to anyone under the age of 40

I was going to say this in my post a page or two ago. I feel exactly the same! It's just old and tired now and the format needs to change.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thing is I think a lot of people over the age of forty get a bit bored with the same faces week in and week out too...

I would say people over 40 prefer the same thing if they like it.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Only ever missed one penalty ever le tiss.

Mark crossley saved it, and where the dell was theres a street called crossley street.

Nice touch that i thought.

What a player.

Coincidentally Hudson Bay in Canada was discovered by Henry Hudson of the  Dutch East India Company, the chances of that happening must have been astronomical.

7 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Only ever missed one penalty ever le tiss.

Mark crossley saved it, and where the dell was theres a street called crossley street.

Nice touch that i thought.

What a player.

There’s a retirement housing place nearby (and the road it’s on) named Crossley Place. I don’t think it was a gesture from the club though to name it that

• The topic was locked
  • Admin

This thread, that believe it or not actually started out being about Soccer Saturday TV presenters losing their job went way off topic discussing all manner of things that have no relation to this topic or to be in a football thread

For those wishing to continue the discussions on how the thread went, the replies not relating to the Soccer Saturday presenters have been split from this thread and can now be found in the politics section

As the original topic has run its cause for now, this thread will remain locked

Archived