IGNORED

City signing that excited you most?

Atyeo's Love Child

2 hours ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I was really excited when I saw lois diony on YouTube. Then I saw him play in the flesh and it was a different experience 

Sounds like all my Tinder experiences.

First we had makeup to contend with, now bloody filters and bunny ears!! And what's with sticking your tongue out and pouting?  And no, I don't want to see you in a photo with your much more attractive 18yo daughter!!  It's a bit like Bulleye when Jim says 'Let's have a look at what you could've won'!!   ?    

Sorry, lost it there.

Andy Cole.

12 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Joe Jordan, without question.

Took myself to AG alone as a fifteen year-old to see his debut.

Even my old man was excited about it, and he didn't particularly follow football.

Tough call, but definitely up there.

Carl Shutt I was pretty excited about too.

Bridges.

I remember at the time when Bridges and Stewart signed and people were creaming themselves over Stewart, I went through the way Stewart played, and the goals he scored, and even said on here under a previous guise that I wasn't confident Stewart would be successful at all. However I remember being incredibly jazzed over the signing of Bridges.

A fit Michael Bridges was a top premier striker and that was so much potential I was ridiculously excited. The IF for Michael Bridges was so high. IF he could just stay fit. Well, we know how that worked out. But in terms of raw quality and ability. Michael Bridges > Andy Cole IF you could guarantee his fitness.

That signing was a really truly exciting gamble that had it paid off would fire us into the Premier league IMO!

For those who aren't old enough to remember him and how good he was, imagine if Mason Greenwood got hurt for two seasons and then got released and we picked him up.

The unknowable potential is the most exciting type of signing. It's not the best type of signing as demonstrated here, but yeah, EXCITING!

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

Bridges.

I remember at the time when Bridges and Stewart signed and people were creaming themselves over Stewart, I went through the way Stewart played, and the goals he scored, and even said on here under a previous guise that I wasn't confident Stewart would be successful at all. However I remember being incredibly jazzed over the signing of Bridges.

A fit Michael Bridges was a top premier striker and that was so much potential I was ridiculously excited. The IF for Michael Bridges was so high. IF he could just stay fit. Well, we know how that worked out. But in terms of raw quality and ability. Michael Bridges > Andy Cole IF you could guarantee his fitness.

That signing was a really truly exciting gamble that had it paid off would fire us into the Premier league IMO!

For those who aren't old enough to remember him and how good he was, imagine if Mason Greenwood got hurt for two seasons and then got released and we picked him up.

The unknowable potential is the most exciting type of signing. It's not the best type of signing as demonstrated here, but yeah, EXCITING!

He was the first one that came to mind too.

He got 20 goals in the premier as a 21 year old for Leeds. Unfortunately, the best I got to see was some of his skills when warming up as a sub for us!

Soren Andersen  - a full Danish international with actual caps and goals.

Felt like we were really going places, alongside the signings of Thorpe and Akinbiyi - shame it never worked out.

Sean Dyche as well, remember seeing him linked with us on the back of the EP and my gashead mate said no chance you will get him after his exploits with Chesterfield in the FA Cup - shame that one ever really worked out either.

For some reason, and maybe a bit off topic - signing a player for £250,000 back in the 1990s  gave me far more of a buzz than spending £8m on Kalas.

Archived