IGNORED

City signing that excited you most?

Atyeo's Love Child

On 27/08/2020 at 08:24, Prinny said:

Bridges.

I remember at the time when Bridges and Stewart signed and people were creaming themselves over Stewart, I went through the way Stewart played, and the goals he scored, and even said on here under a previous guise that I wasn't confident Stewart would be successful at all. However I remember being incredibly jazzed over the signing of Bridges.

A fit Michael Bridges was a top premier striker and that was so much potential I was ridiculously excited. The IF for Michael Bridges was so high. IF he could just stay fit. Well, we know how that worked out. But in terms of raw quality and ability. Michael Bridges > Andy Cole IF you could guarantee his fitness.

That signing was a really truly exciting gamble that had it paid off would fire us into the Premier league IMO!

For those who aren't old enough to remember him and how good he was, imagine if Mason Greenwood got hurt for two seasons and then got released and we picked him up.

The unknowable potential is the most exciting type of signing. It's not the best type of signing as demonstrated here, but yeah, EXCITING!

Bridges, good call. Can't believe I'd forgot about him, just didn't think of him.

On 26/08/2020 at 20:17, Out of his pie crust said:

I was really excited when I saw lois diony on YouTube. Then I saw him play in the flesh and it was a different experience 

I remember his first was almost a goal I think? That was the best and last thing I remember him doing 

30 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

Showing my age and slightly random but its Ray Atteveld and the 1992 team.

Atteveld wasn't a youngster, but a established top flight player at Everton.  When you look at the squad around then, I think we hugely underachieved (again!).

Great days back then, even European football in the Anglo Italian Cup!

image.png.bef0465708236b6d3ebe70490f39a3bc.png

Have we actually ever had a better stable of forwards than Andy Cole, Wayne Allison, Jacki, Nicky Morgan (massively underrated), Rosenior and Bob Taylor at the same time?!

On 27/08/2020 at 01:06, Davefevs said:

Tough call, but definitely up there.

Carl Shutt I was pretty excited about too.

agree with both of these (Jordan & Shutt), and from the same era I remember feeling excited about Steve Galliers, from then FA Cup holders Wimbledon. 

Archived