IGNORED

Mobile phone under £250

Shaun Taylor

I've got the P30, you'd have to look at what the difference is between that and the lite version but I absolutely love it.

The camera is excellent and is all I use on holidays nowadays. 

You can use everything Google and I think that issue has been sorted for the foreseeable with all current Huawei phones 

22 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I have a P20 and love it. I think the only issue with Huawei now is the lack of access to Google Playstore etc.

The Google issue starts with the P40 upwards and the P40 lite with no Playstore is struggling to sell.

Appreciate your feedback as your obviously happy with the Huawei brand as I didn't know too much about 

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I've got the P30, you'd have to look at what the difference is between that and the lite version but I absolutely love it.

The camera is excellent and is all I use on holidays nowadays. 

You can use everything Google and I think that issue has been sorted for the foreseeable with all current Huawei phones 

Cheers Ralph for what I need the difference isn't too great as it still has big storage and decent cameras 

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The Google issue starts with the P40 upwards and the P40 lite with no Playstore is struggling to sell.

Appreciate your feedback as your obviously happy with the Huawei brand as I didn't know too much about 

You certainly get a lot more 'bang for your buck' than going with Samsung or somesuch.

And don't even get started on the fools that pay 3/4 times over the odds for Apple products.

The P30 will be a far superior device to any iphone currently on the market.

Just now, richwwtk said:

You certainly get a lot more 'bang for your buck' than going with Samsung or somesuch.

And don't even get started on the fools that pay 3/4 times over the odds for Apple products.

The P30 will be a far superior phone to any iphone currently on the market.

I'm the same and cant understand people paying upto a £1000 for an iPhone as I could buy two TV's for that and would get ten years out of them!

On 27/08/2020 at 20:21, Shaun Taylor said:

I'm the same and cant understand people paying upto a £1000 for an iPhone as I could buy two TV's for that and would get ten years out of them!

I can understand that for people who get the latest new iPhone, but I have an iPhone 7 and a MacBook and they are easily the best things technology wise I have ever purchased. They are so easy to use, look good, perform well for what I need and have NEVER crashed, frozen or had any software/hardware issues(except for below). Unlike every Android phone I've had and my work laptop.

The backlight failed on my MacBook 3 weeks ago and it was 2 months out of warranty. They couldn't fix it instore, so replaced the screen under a special COVID warranty they were honouring which saved me £399. When I picked it up, they had also replaced the Processor, touch pad and the finger print recognition for free. Total cost to Apple was £699 according to the receipt.

If you use them enough and can justify the, I admit, higher cost, they are excellent devises to you.

14 minutes ago, grifty said:

I can understand that for people who get the latest new iPhone, but I have an iPhone 7 and a MacBook and they are easily the best things technology wise I have ever purchased. They are so easy to use, look good, perform well for what I need and have NEVER crashed, frozen or had any software/hardware issues(except for below). Unlike every Android phone I've had and my work laptop.

The backlight failed on my MacBook 3 weeks ago and it was 2 months out of warranty. They couldn't fix it instore, so replaced the screen under a special COVID warranty they were honouring which saved me £399. When I picked it up, they had also replaced the Processor, touch pad and the finger print recognition for free. Total cost to Apple was £699 according to the receipt.

If you use them enough and can justify the, I admit, higher cost, they are excellent devises to you.

Many thanks for your input grify and I've been thinking about the iPhone 7 as it's still a quality phone even though it's been around for a few years. What worries me about cheap Chinese phones is the longevity and will they last 2/3 years 

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Many thanks for your input grify and I've been thinking about the iPhone 7 as it's still a quality phone even though it's been around for a few years. What worries me about cheap Chinese phones is the longevity and will they last 2/3 years 

I prefer a smaller phone as I only really use it to talk to the Mrs so don’t need one that’s the size of a tablet like hers is. It may be the 7s I have. I’ve just got a fancy City shirt protective cover and it has no songs or scratches. I did smash the screen once but was my own fault so will keep this until it dies, and it’s about 3 years so far.

Archived