IGNORED

Loan Watch 2020/21 season

Garycpos

On 04/06/2020 at 17:44, Garycpos said:

Full Season review from a fan which I thought was very good :-

Smith to me is one of the 3 most likely to stick around the first team this season along with Morrell and Walsh. 

Tricky winger with an eye for goal has developed well at Flyde, Tranmere and Oldham. He either needs a league one loan or he could probably be a impact sub.

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

How do you know if we never play him? 

magic beans?? 

Nope.  Seen him a fair few times and so have lots of my Oldham supporting friends. All pretty much agree.  Just a group of opinions though. 

Seen much of him?   

Cant play every single youth player to see if they are good enough. Need to judge on most of them which I appreciate is difficult 

14 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Bits at Tranmere, Fylde. 

9 in 28 for Oldham last season from the wing for an Oldham team who only scored 44 in total. 

However, yeah keep writing him off 

It's like we have regressed massively as people have forgotten where we have come from and are blinded by the stars 

I’m a massive supporter of youth and want home growns in the team. Just don’t think he will be good enough. Really hope he proves me wrong.  

11 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m a massive supporter of youth and want home growns in the team. Just don’t think he will be good enough. Really hope he proves me wrong.  

If he was an Oldham player, his performances and stats would have us asking why we are not looking to sign him, he has one asset that really translates through every level and that’s pace. In the last season he seems to have bulked up and added a lot more to his game. 
if the rumours of NE moving on come to fruition we could do worse than look internally for a replacement.

What is a Championship player ? because most likely he has come from either U23 or U21 originally in a Championship team, or performed well at Conference, League 2 or League 1, however, the more you climb up the ladder and perform, the more you will pay for that player if you do not already own him.

If you already have a player that excelled in Conference and scored 10 (Fylde) Excelled in League 2 and scored 11 (Oldham) and previously 6 months at Tranmere and scored 5 then it makes sense to put him with the better all round players and watch him excell again ?? if he can, taking also the negative aspect of this discussion ?

How many new younger players have come in and worked immediately ? I would say very very few .... How long did it take Niclas Elliason to break in to the side ? and now look at him (See previous old posts on here talking about him early on and you will be surprised at some of the negativity)

Confidence is critical to any young player and building that up as they learn their trade or apprenticeship is a given for any industry ? so what makes football any different ? If you do not play a player how can he improve ? how can he know what his teamate is going to do next ? Jonny is technical with very quick feet and has very fast pace ?? so many players coming through do not have those  key elements, but his theatre of growth is already proven so why post "Hes not ready" if he has never ever been given the chance ? you dont know, and I dont know what he is eventually capable of, but application and attitude to succeed is a 100% must , plus the wanting to give 110% to every game is highly noticeable by all fans, and all the Oldham fans who have messaged me would have him back in a heartbeat, and please bear in mind that his performances had him main targeted in every match not like Chmapionship were the danger can come from multiple angles and most players.

I 100% believe he is capable of a few more steps up the ladder, and ok I will appear to be biased but I base my bias on statistics and past performances. L2 is no walk in the park, not as technical but certainly more agressive and he has come through that with flying colours.

1 hour ago, Garycpos said:

What is a Championship player ? because most likely he has come from either U23 or U21 originally in a Championship team, or performed well at Conference, League 2 or League 1, however, the more you climb up the ladder and perform, the more you will pay for that player if you do not already own him.

If you already have a player that excelled in Conference and scored 10 (Fylde) Excelled in League 2 and scored 11 (Oldham) and previously 6 months at Tranmere and scored 5 then it makes sense to put him with the better all round players and watch him excell again ?? if he can, taking also the negative aspect of this discussion ?

How many new younger players have come in and worked immediately ? I would say very very few .... How long did it take Niclas Elliason to break in to the side ? and now look at him (See previous old posts on here talking about him early on and you will be surprised at some of the negativity)

Confidence is critical to any young player and building that up as they learn their trade or apprenticeship is a given for any industry ? so what makes football any different ? If you do not play a player how can he improve ? how can he know what his teamate is going to do next ? Jonny is technical with very quick feet and has very fast pace ?? so many players coming through do not have those  key elements, but his theatre of growth is already proven so why post "Hes not ready" if he has never ever been given the chance ? you dont know, and I dont know what he is eventually capable of, but application and attitude to succeed is a 100% must , plus the wanting to give 110% to every game is highly noticeable by all fans, and all the Oldham fans who have messaged me would have him back in a heartbeat, and please bear in mind that his performances had him main targeted in every match not like Chmapionship were the danger can come from multiple angles and most players.

I 100% believe he is capable of a few more steps up the ladder, and ok I will appear to be biased but I base my bias on statistics and past performances. L2 is no walk in the park, not as technical but certainly more agressive and he has come through that with flying colours.

It seems to me that the young man has done just about everything that could have been asked or expected of him wherever he’s been. If his track record of goals and assists with a succession of loan clubs doesn’t earn him a chance here, I don’t know what more he can do. If it’s true that we have two experienced youth coaches from the England set-up joining the club, surely he should be one they should be working with. Give the lad a break.

On 10/08/2020 at 15:04, CliftonCliff said:

It seems to me that the young man has done just about everything that could have been asked or expected of him wherever he’s been. If his track record of goals and assists with a succession of loan clubs doesn’t earn him a chance here, I don’t know what more he can do. If it’s true that we have two experienced youth coaches from the England set-up joining the club, surely he should be one they should be working with. Give the lad a break.

I love the optimism of a father but I’ve watched a lot of league 2 and league 1 and there’s a big gap between the two Jonny looks a great player in the making but the last thing he needs (imho) is to be thrust into the Championship just yet. I think it will be either a League 1 loan or a cameo appearance here and there. I’d have thought Jonny would prefer the former.

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

He's 23 now. Cant keep farming him out forever. 

I really don't get this returning mindset of our fans that loans are the answer

. Play him, simples

Agreed but got to be good enough. Semenyo got games on the back of good League 2 performances and I’m not sure it’s done him any good.

15 hours ago, JonDolman said:

May I ask how you think he fits into a 352 kind of set up? That seems to be how City will be playing under Holden.

Has he potential as a wing back. Or behind the strikers. Or even up front in a 2?

He seems to know where the back of the net is.

Simple answer there Jon is that he doesnt, he can operate in a 10 or in a offset 2 (Striker) but prefers each wing preferably. Very quick movement and low centre of gravity means he can turn on a sixpence, but in relality 3-5-2 does not suit him.

Hes training now with the Team so I suppose we will all know very soon ??

4 hours ago, Garycpos said:

Simple answer there Jon is that he doesnt, he can operate in a 10 or in a offset 2 (Striker) but prefers each wing preferably. Very quick movement and low centre of gravity means he can turn on a sixpence, but in relality 3-5-2 does not suit him.

Hes training now with the Team so I suppose we will all know very soon ??

Has anyone seen Tyreeq Bakinson or James Morton in the video stuff?

On 12/08/2020 at 10:21, JonDolman said:

Oh great. Didn't realise he was with the first team.

Hopefully he impresses enough to be part of the squad this season.

If we do go 3 at the back then maybe we go 343 at times. 

I really want Jonny to do well - as others have said, he`s put in the hard yards and deserves a chance IMO. I`ve said before that, in some of the stuff @Garycpos has posted, he reminds me so much of Scott Murray in his prime.

I reckon if he gets an opportunity he`ll grab it with both hands and we`ll have a player who can get us out of our seats.

On 16/08/2020 at 20:29, Lanterne Rouge said:

I really want Jonny to do well - as others have said, he`s put in the hard yards and deserves a chance IMO. I`ve said before that, in some of the stuff @Garycpos has posted, he reminds me so much of Scott Murray in his prime.

I reckon if he gets an opportunity he`ll grab it with both hands and we`ll have a player who can get us out of our seats.

The only issue is 3-5-2.... doesn't suit wingers ..... and common knowledge that Dean will be using that from day1 ...

8 hours ago, Garycpos said:

The only issue is 3-5-2.... doesn't suit wingers ..... and common knowledge that Dean will be using that from day1 ...

I think you said in earlier posts that his defensive work had improved during the most recent loan spell, do you think he could do the wingback role?

10 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Likely to be loaned out again? Sort of player that would do well with us. Up a level from Oldham.

I would hope not, he has served his time on loan I feel. Anyway, you have already signed a Smith, it could get confusing that's why we got rid of one of ours. :) 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Has a year left.  No details of any club option at the end of that, but  @Garycpos might confirm or not.

Nothing concrete has been spoken about, obviously would have loved to have him come on today, and I followed Gregor on twitter right through the game. Several clubs have enquired I hear after a great season last year but that would be expected. If I hear anymore I will post here..

1 hour ago, Garycpos said:

Nothing concrete has been spoken about, obviously would have loved to have him come on today, and I followed Gregor on twitter right through the game. Several clubs have enquired I hear after a great season last year but that would be expected. If I hear anymore I will post here..

Linked with Wycombe

I have a concern, the target now seems to be to loan youth players of a high calibre which is great if we have a loan with a view to sign deal in place but if we don't, aren't we just training other clubs players with no big sale at the end of it? 

I thought having the two new coaches would mean aiming to sign quality youth and still them on for a profit which would allow us to spend money on experienced, quality players? 

44 minutes ago, Spike said:

I have a concern, the target now seems to be to loan youth players of a high calibre which is great if we have a loan with a view to sign deal in place but if we don't, aren't we just training other clubs players with no big sale at the end of it? 

I thought having the two new coaches would mean aiming to sign quality youth and still them on for a profit which would allow us to spend money on experienced, quality players? 

That’s based on one rumour re Sessegnon, and who knows there could be an option to buy.  I was surprised as many when Dasilva signed on loan...with an option to buy.

If the right player isn’t available this summer for the long-term, I don’t have a problem with a loan option for a season.

I do agree with you if this becomes 3,4,5 loans, that’s gonna block pathway.

I’ve just submitted an article to the BP re our loanees, that demonstrates exactly what you’re saying but from our side of the fence.  It’s easy to over-do the loan stuff imho.

Archived