IGNORED

Loan Watch 2020/21 season

Garycpos

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He wasn`t used anything like how he should have been. He would be on the bench and come on, bang two in, and then be back on the bench or dropped the next week. On the rare occasions he did start he was stuck out wide and then that was used as an excuse for dropping him again. The bloke is a poacher FFS not a bloody winger! He never really got a run in the side despite delivering when called upon and eventually left to go back to Bournemouth. 

He was a very talented player who knew where the net was and could hit a ball harder than anyone I`ve seen at City since Alan Walsh and should have had twice the goals for us that he did.

As you can probably tell, I`m still bitter about how he was treated by us.

It amazes me when a player is proven in a position such as a centre forward that had scored lots of goals for Bournemouth why a manager wouldn't want him playing there and what he thinks he could offer stuck out on the wing. After all that's what you bought him for in the first place!

This is the article copied over as well. Season loan for Webb and Buse, half season for Person, Bath's twitter has confirmed it's season long loans for Taylor and Conway:

"City’s progressive loans system has seen another five players heading out to further their development.

Bradley Webb follows a well-trod path to Newport County to team up with fellow Robin Saikou Janneh.

The defender’s season-long move across the Severn Bridge, with a January recall option, is another example of the well-established relationship between the two clubs, following the successful loans of Tyreeq Bakinson, George Nurse, Cameron Pring and Antoine Semenyo in recent years.

Forward Sam Pearson has joined Weymouth until January, striker Tommy Conway and defender James Taylor are heading to another National League club in Bath City, while goalkeeper Will Buse joins up with Dorchester Town for the season."

Tommy Conway & James Taylor gone to Bath on loan. Striker & defender.

39 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Sounds like Webb is a bit further along than the other younguns then, getting a league loan already. Good stuff. Can anyone confirm whether he is a centre-half or a full back? 

Everytime I have seen him play he has played left back.

8 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Oh sorry did he sign for them permanently? Must have missed that. ******* otib as forgiving as ever of course. ?

Sorry I could have worded that better. :) 

Janneh making a lively start for Newport....... 

1'   Attempt saved. Ryan Taylor (Newport County) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Saikou Janneh.

20' Attempt missed. Ryan Taylor (Newport County) header from the right side of the six yard box is high and wide to the right. Assisted by Saikou Janneh with a cross.

19 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Will Gould got a good write up in the report of Clevedon Town's cup win in the North Somerset Times. Came on as a 59th minute sub at 1 down and seemed to be behind their comeback to win to 2-1. Mickey Bell singing his praises too.

Not a loan though

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I couldn't see his name on our official site, but that means very little. I don't do Twitter so my only source let me down. Also what I can see of his own social media seems to be about the City... but I found this article that confirms his release in the last paragraph. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-announce-contract-updates-4286668

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54298824

Edwards getting a rest at Grimsby after teenage midfielder Jock Curran tests positive for Covid-19. BBC report that the 19-year-old is at home with mild symptoms. Saturday's match called off as a result.

I know it's edited highlights and it's League 2, but I think Edwards has looked pretty sensational so far. The way he uses his body and his turn of pace to get away from his man looks top class. Needs to improve his passing and how he uses the ball, but there definitely seems to be something there

PS I hope he doesn't get Covid and that his team mate is alright!

11 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I know it's edited highlights and it's League 2, but I think Edwards has looked pretty sensational so far. The way he uses his body and his turn of pace to get away from his man looks top class. Needs to improve his passing and how he uses the ball, but there definitely seems to be something there

PS I hope he doesn't get Covid and that his team mate is alright!

He has looked dangerous in the clips I've seen. A real "head down at run at them" kind of player. As you say, perhaps needs to work on channeling that energy into the kinds of passes that create goals and assists, but at the level he's at there won't be a single defender who looks forward to dealing with him. Hopefully Holloway can cultivate his talent and return us a better player.

Archived