IGNORED

Loan Watch 2020/21 season

Garycpos

On 14/10/2020 at 16:18, Davefevs said:

Ah Peasedown St John.  Great memories of playing there, perhaps scary memories.  They had a right mob on the sidelines giving us (the opposition) stick, trying to influence the ref etc.  A ball got played over the h-w line into our RB area, where I’d come across from CB to cover.  I could’ve got the ball down, but the opportunity to clear it into touch and straight into the vocal mob was too great.  They went mental, tea flying everywhere.  I stayed pretty central after that. ???

Played for a Knowle West pub "reserve"  Sunday side against a pub team from P St J in a Somerset Junior Cup tie and beat them at home. Protest went in that we played ineligible "senior" players who played for Keynsham Town. One was mistaken identity the other did play for Keynsham but only played in our reserve side so we considered him " junior" as first team was in the Senior League. As it was interpretation of wording of rules the Somerset Committee decided best to replay at P St J. To say it was a bit of a grudge match was an understatement and both sets of supporters were well up for it on the line. We had two players sent off and pulled back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. As this was the second game their manager expected extra time. Our manager took us back to the dressing room insisting that  as the first game was made void this game was the first and would have to be replayed at our pitch and we stayed in the dressing rooms and showered. It was extremely lively outside I can tell you. Anyway the outcome was that Somerset Committee members had been in attendance at P St J and had identified that three of their players had actually played for Bath City and awarded us the game. We went on to win the "Junior" Cup. 

The following season the competition was renamed "Charity" Cup and the rules changed to clarify elegibility.

Ah Peasedown St John.  Great memories of playing there, perhaps scary memories.  They had a right mob on the sidelines giving us (the opposition) stick, trying to influence the ref etc.  A ball got played over the h-w line into our RB area, where I’d come across from CB to cover.  I could’ve got the ball down, but the opportunity to clear it into touch and straight into the vocal mob was too great.  They went mental, tea flying everywhere.  I stayed pretty central after that. ???

Played for a Knowle West pub "reserve"  Sunday side against a pub team from P St J in a Somerset Junior Cup tie and beat them at home. Protest went in that we played ineligible "senior" players who played for Keynsham Town. One was mistaken identity the other did play for Keynsham but only played in our reserve side so we considered him " junior" as first team was in the Senior League. As it was interpretation of wording of rules the Somerset Committee decided best to replay at P St J. To say it was a bit of a grudge match was an understatement and both sets of supporters were well up for it on the line. We had two players sent off and pulled back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. As this was the second game their manager expected extra time. Our manager took us back to the dressing room insisting that  as the first game was made void this game was the first and would have to be replayed at our pitch and we stayed in the dressing rooms and showered. It was extremely lively outside I can tell you. Anyway the outcome was that Somerset Committee members had been in attendance at P St J and had identified that three of their players had actually played for Bath City and awarded us the game. We went on to win the "Junior" Cup. 

The following season the competition was renamed "Charity" Cup and the rules changed to clarify elegibility.

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Has Edwards picked up an injury?

Yeah but he should be back for this weekends game. 

Holloway did an interview where he criticised Harrogate for effectively targeting him & getting him out the game early. 

Stamped on the game before, these League Two teams are worried about young Owura!

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah but he should be back for this weekends game. 

Holloway did an interview where he criticised Harrogate for effectively targeting him & getting him out the game early. 

Stamped on the game before, these League Two teams are worried about young Owura!

Yes, that was by the Cheltenham defender wasn’t it.

Archived