IGNORED

Loan Watch 2020/21 season

Garycpos

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yes, I`ve been wondering how he got on too.

Any news @Garycpos?

Thanks Guys... Yes, some good news that it was a Grade 1 MCL from the scan with a little bit of clotting, so should only be out 2-3 Weeks ... He has started Physio work on it and is able to walk without pain now so healing well....??

Thought I would just run through yesterday's FA Cup draw and see which of our loanees could be facing some quality opposition. In no particular order:

1. Britton - Stockport County v West Ham. Louis warmed the bench for all of Stockport's 120 minutes against Yeovil in the second round. I'd expect another bench appearance here.
  2. Janneh (& Webb) - Newport County v Brighton. Could Saikou teach City old-boy Webster a thing or two? Janneh scored a pretty nice goal in round two so may have done enough to earn a start. Is Webb even still officially at Newport?
  3. Pring - Bristol City v Portsmouth. I understand that Cam Pring is unlikely to be eligible for this one.
  4. Palmer - Stevenage v Swansea. Can Kasey get a rare start? Did Steve Cooper see enough of his EFL Cup exploits to throw him into another cup fray? Do any of us care?

Swindon, Cambridge, Hull and Grimsby aren't in the third round, so no game for Smith, Cundy, Adelakun or Edwards. I've not looked at very low teams like Bath.

Also, I'd caveat all of the above by saying that a) I do not know how many of these guys' loans end in January and b) I do not know if "ends in January" means ends on 1 January, 31 January, or some to be determined intermediate date.

Happy to be corrected if I've shamefully omitted anyone.

On 14/12/2020 at 10:41, Port Said Red said:

Tommy Conway scored one of Bath City's 4 goals in their 3-4 away win at Chelmsford.

And 2 against them in the FA Trophy game Tuesday, imagine Chelmsford's defence just being like 'can't you just f off back to academy football'

Assist by James Taylor for the 2nd

I watched Owura last night for the half he was on, flashed good vision and passing ability, but was also really frustrating and apart from the assist wasn't really in the game. League 2 looks the right level for him atm from what I've seen. Should be starting though, Grimbsy were awful.

6 hours ago, Prinny said:

I watched Owura last night for the half he was on, flashed good vision and passing ability, but was also really frustrating and apart from the assist wasn't really in the game. League 2 looks the right level for him atm from what I've seen. Should be starting though, Grimbsy were awful.

He might now Skeletor`s jumped ship.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So...is there any point in having this thread now? Who is left out on loan? I'm struggling to think of anyone? Will Tinnion be furloughed?

Edit: Ah yeh Tommy Conway. Rename thread.

You've hurt George Nurse's feelings... along with Jonny Smith, Robbie Cundy, James Taylor

Archived