IGNORED

Loan Watch 2020/21 season

Garycpos

Potentially interesting/problematic situation for the lads at Bath, NL N/S teams seemingly don't want to play out the season claiming they won't be able to afford the loans the government insist instead of grants and can't afford to add the debt to the club as they won't be able to repay them and survive. The National League seemingly threatening any club who doesn't play this weekend. 

If the clubs don't play and call it for the season, someone like Tommy Conway could have potentially found a loan move to a league 2 club (8 goals in 11 games, someone may have taken the punt) if we'd recalled him to try sending him elsewhere to keep him playing league football of some sort. Whereas they may have to come back and play u23's football for the rest of the season. 

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Saw most of the game. Cundy looks decent but not all that physically strong for someone who is 6 foot 2. Still young thought for a centre back.

Bad mistake second half where he fell over and they went through and they nearly scored.

Morton on for last 9 minutes. I can't see Morton getting in front of either the 2 Gills central midfielders, certainly not Dempsey who looks a tidy little player.

Could see this being a case of being sub option for them getting minutes here and there and then trying to find a league 1 club to take him on in a more prominent role next season

3 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Thanks for Wollacott - MoM today. We were dreadful. Surprised you loaned us another player after the disgusting treatment of Jonny Smith.

Any chance he’ll be available on a perm next season?

Out of contract, but we have a year option.

5 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Thanks for Wollacott - MoM today. We were dreadful. Surprised you loaned us another player after the disgusting treatment of Jonny Smith.

Any chance he’ll be available on a perm next season?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Out of contract, but we have a year option.

From the BBC "It could have got even better for the visitors three minutes later, but Mandron's header was brilliantly kept out by Swindon debutant goalkeeper Jojo Wollacott.

David Artell's men dominated much of the second half, with Mandron firing over the bar before he forced a good save out of Wollacott."

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I must admit I had a mixed feelings about RC going to Gills - mainly about Evans and the kind of character he is - but it seems to be going well for him. I think he should be around the first team next season particularly as we won`t have Mawson or Mapps in all probability.

I thought it was a master stroke - higher level of football, for a manager who is tough and likes winning.  Think Cundy will benefit massively.

I don’t think it will do Morton any harm either to be managed by someone like Evans either.  Game time or lack of it is the downside.  Character building I call it!

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think he should be around the first team next season particularly as we won`t have Mawson or Mapps in all probability.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

But still need improving there and he will be 35 next season, so like you say, will probably be released.

Time will tell, but I would not be too surprised, especially given they have known each other for some time, if NP seeks to retain Mariappa nest season.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Robbie Cundy has just scored for the Gill's. They're still, all be it a bit optimistically, in with a shout of the final play off spot.

He's doing really well there by all accounts.

2-2 now a draw that's no good for either side.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived