Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Loan Watch 2020/21 season

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Jonny Smith subbed off after 31 minutes due to injury.

Rob Cundy heading for another clean sheet for Cambridge who are 0-5 up at Morecambe.

Cundy looked absolute class whenever I saw him for Bath.

But last season was a bit of a nightmare. Unsuccessful loan at Exeter who never played him, and then apparently struggled at Torquay in the National League.

Really hope he can prove himself at league 2 level, and maybe still have a chance with us in the future.

19 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Will Gould got a good write up in the report of Clevedon Town's cup win in the North Somerset Times. Came on as a 59th minute sub at 1 down and seemed to be behind their comeback to win to 2-1. Mickey Bell singing his praises too.

Not a loan though

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I couldn't see his name on our official site, but that means very little. I don't do Twitter so my only source let me down. Also what I can see of his own social media seems to be about the City... but I found this article that confirms his release in the last paragraph. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-announce-contract-updates-4286668

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54298824

Edwards getting a rest at Grimsby after teenage midfielder Jock Curran tests positive for Covid-19. BBC report that the 19-year-old is at home with mild symptoms. Saturday's match called off as a result.

I know it's edited highlights and it's League 2, but I think Edwards has looked pretty sensational so far. The way he uses his body and his turn of pace to get away from his man looks top class. Needs to improve his passing and how he uses the ball, but there definitely seems to be something there

PS I hope he doesn't get Covid and that his team mate is alright!

Edited by chipdawg
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I know it's edited highlights and it's League 2, but I think Edwards has looked pretty sensational so far. The way he uses his body and his turn of pace to get away from his man looks top class. Needs to improve his passing and how he uses the ball, but there definitely seems to be something there

PS I hope he doesn't get Covid and that his team mate is alright!

He has looked dangerous in the clips I've seen. A real "head down at run at them" kind of player. As you say, perhaps needs to work on channeling that energy into the kinds of passes that create goals and assists, but at the level he's at there won't be a single defender who looks forward to dealing with him. Hopefully Holloway can cultivate his talent and return us a better player.

Cam Pring first league start (I think)

J.Smith must be all ok from last week’s breathing issues.

Janneh on bench

Cundy at the heart of Cambridge defence

Adelakun straight in for Hull 

Walsall’s nurse no game - Orient covid

Ditto Grimsby for Edwards.

FC70C8BA-BFA2-4861-AEB7-45EAF9C29103.jpeg

CF03797B-9D5F-4B79-B1FF-354AA2EDFEAB.jpeg

7D756246-E4BF-4902-A5F0-A76C50A19F72.jpeg

F8AC8DB3-DDE6-4393-9EC6-088DB7A776CB.jpeg

F3DA524C-DB57-41E1-A645-5D874703C915.jpeg

• Like 2

Was a very tidy first touch by Jonny Smith and finished well.

If he has a great season for Swindon and is seen as ready next season for us then I wonder where he will fit into our system.

Assuming Holden is still here and we continue with this 352. Wing back? Centre mid left of the 3? Striker?

• Like 1