IGNORED

Ebere Eze

BLRed

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Could it be that the number of rejections only motivated him more? Maybe if he’d succeeded at his first trial he wouldn’t have the same number to succeed. Talent only goes so far, it needs the hard work and determination as well

in the summer of 2016 Eze was facing the prospect of a “real life” away from football, preparing to start a part-time job at Tesco and even considering college courses. “I honestly have no idea what I would have done,” he laughs. “I didn’t like anything at school. Even P.E was a drag. When my agent told me I had a trial at QPR I just thought: ‘I have to get in’. There was no other option.”

43 minutes ago, Matty Taylors a Red said:

The summer we sold him I went to watch an open training session at Ashton Gate. Left saying that Bolasie was by far our best player. Was extremely disappointed when we sold him soon after. 

Having said that I can’t argue with the £30m point, a ridiculous amount!

Fair point.

I was just saying that it is impossible to judge how players sometimes turn out.

Steven Caulker is another example, who would have said Danny Rose who disinterested & mediocre on loan to us would then go on & play for England whilst he would end up in the SPL then in Turkey whilst still in his 20s?

47 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Wasn't it Leroy Lita who spoke on the OSIB 'cider with' about having had at best half hearted responses from several clubs before his trial here. We got that one right. 

Is it an interesting interview? I loved Lita, will have to have a listen. Really enjoyed the Noble one

32 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Is it an interesting interview? I loved Lita, will have to have a listen. Really enjoyed the Noble one

Definitely. I've enjoyed all the 'cider with' episodes, but this is one of the best. Like you, loved him when he was here, and he comes across as a really nice guy. He mentions the Brooker episode, but listen to the Bradley Orr one for the best version of that!

I enjoyed the Noble one too; it's a shame his time here ended the way it did - and there was a little snippet I noticed that made me wonder. He talked about his time at Exeter when a young Ollie Watkins was shining there, and how he got Watkins signed up with his (Noble's) agent. Well there have been rumours over the years that when we and Brentford were after Watkins that even though ours was a good offer, his agent steered him towards Brentford. Just makes you wonder whether what goes round etc!

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Hindsight is amazing, isn’t it?

Tell me about the club that knew exactly how every player would develop?

Remember watching Bolasie (we paid £20k for him, no one else took a punt) I thought he was like a headless chicken, not half the player Albert was.

We sold him to Palace for £350k & I was truly amazed, we then got an incredible £5m in a sell on when he joined Everton.

Anyone who says they thought he was a £30m player when he was with us is a liar.

Im not lying

Archived