IGNORED

Michael Flynn

Port Said Red

At the risk of dredging up old wounds and arguments, I thought I would link this piece from the South Wales Argus.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/18681291.michael-flynn-newport-didnt-call-bristol-city/

Considering that there were those who were "so annoyed" about the idea of him being interviewed and so convinced that it had happened etc, I thought it was worth the backlash.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At the risk of dredging up old wounds and arguments, I thought I would link this piece from the South Wales Argus.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/18681291.michael-flynn-newport-didnt-call-bristol-city/

Considering that there were those who were "so annoyed" about the idea of him being interviewed and so convinced that it had happened etc, I thought it was worth the backlash.

I was told by 2 different sources (both with reasons for me to think they could know) that he’d been in for an interview early on.  I mentioned to the BP guys a few days later and they were categoric that he hadn’t been.  I’m pretty sure Kid said he hadn’t either.  

One of those sources told me Rory Holden had gone.

So, you can hear things from the same person that can be both true and false.  Best to just wait for the OS ???

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I was told by 2 different sources (both with reasons for me to think they could know) that he’d been in for an interview early on.  I mentioned to the BP guys a few days later and they were categoric that he hadn’t been.  I’m pretty sure Kid said he hadn’t either.  

One of those sources told me Rory Holden had gone.

So, you can hear things from the same person that can be both true and false.  Best to just wait for the OS ???

I perhaps wonder if he came over to have a meeting about players he could potentially have on loan for this season, it was interpreted by someone as being an interview for the job

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No way is he going to say to the press, I had an interview & didn’t get the job.

I am absolutely convinced he did have one.

Well that’s that then. I should imagine these people must wonder why they bother making any statements when people would prefer to believe rumours on the WWW. 

7 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Aired G

Haha.  Love you Jordan / Jordan’s mate(s).  Out of interest isn’t  replying / tweeting someone with “aired g” every time the complete contradiction of it’s meaning?

Enjoy your fun.  I’m here all day.  I love the attention your giving me.  Ta. ??????

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Haha.  Love you Jordan / Jordan’s mate(s).  Out of interest isn’t  replying / tweeting someone with “aired g” every time the complete contradiction of it’s meaning?

Enjoy your fun.  I’m here all day.  I love the attention your giving me.  Ta. ??????

Don’t know who/what you’re on about but that’s one big bite Devs :)

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No way is he going to say to the press, I had an interview & didn’t get the job.

I am absolutely convinced he did have one.

I don't believe he'd say he had an interview and didn't get the job but he could easily have played it down, said nothing or worded it carefully. Instead he's been outright categorical that there were no discussions. I'm inclined to believe him simply because there's no logic to him outright lying when it would have been easy to conceal the truth without doing so...

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I did say that and still don't think he was interviewed. 

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, I did say that and still don't think he was interviewed. 

Does it really matter now who was interviewed?     :dunno:

Fact is only the hierarchy at AG and their admin staff know who applied and who was interviewed. Everything else is wild speculation on what is a confidential matter.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fact is only the hierarchy at AG and their admin staff know who applied and who was interviewed. Everything else is wild speculation on what is a confidential matter.

I’d imagine the candidates would know.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

I only brought it back up because of the hysterical reactions on here to the idea that someone like Flynn was being interviewed. People winding themselves up and castigating the club, it’s owner, Ashton and anyone else they could find, and all over a story that was “fake news”.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I only brought it back up because of the hysterical reactions on here to the idea that someone like Flynn was being interviewed. People winding themselves up and castigating the club, it’s owner, Ashton and anyone else they could find, and all over a story that was “fake news”.

And in other news there were some on here who said that he was better qualified for the job than Holden . 

Archived