IGNORED

Jonny Smith out on loan again

Gillies Downs Leeds

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I just remember around 03/04/05 we rarely beat you. Lee Miller's last minute header onto the bar at your place, Rory Fallon always seemed to score or play well against us too, I remember an overhead kick on Sky? and Darius Henderson took us apart one game too.

Great memories from all the games not just the ones you mentioned and the one fixture I miss the most and somehow playing the Gas isn't the same 

3 minutes ago, Prinny said:

No. Why do you ask?

It's fine to say you want something because it benefits you :)

Maybe just maybe you may have enjoyed watching some decent players from both sides in a reserve fixture  at Ashton Gate on a Saturday afternoon whilst the first team were away up North like I would have done 

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Maybe just maybe you may have enjoyed watching some decent players from both sides in a reserve fixture  at Ashton Gate on a Saturday afternoon whilst the first team were away up North like I would have done 

This is kinda weird. Yeah I'm sure I would if I went? Not entirely sure what you're getting at.

You said you wanted the combination league back, I asked why, you EVENTUALLY said, and then essentially I said "good for you, totally understand" not that you need my validation!

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

This is kinda weird. Yeah I'm sure I would if I went? Not entirely sure what you're getting at.

You said you wanted the combination league back, I asked why, you EVENTUALLY said, and then essentially I said "good for you, totally understand" not that you need my validation!

I'm just saying from my perspective it served a good purpose and I watched many decent players which I wouldn't normally have had the chance to. Also it was good for the younger players up against seasoned pros on a regular basis rather than playing meaningless under 23 games on a soulless training pitch.

Way I see it; he was brought in for cheap very young and has gone out and got regular football and increasingly higher levels, culminating in this one in league one, which has the added benefit of being just done the road.

He does well next year and ends up in our squad, it’ll just be like ‘signing’ a solid squad player from league one for nothing, so I’m okay with it.

Will always see Bobby Reid as the example of a youth player (which is essentially what Smith is) breaking through late then making a difference - it’s a low risk, no harm situation for us.

Trouble is with a player like Jonny Smith we have had him now for 4 seasons not sure how much he is on per week say £2K that is coming up to £500K we have now spent on him and still with no end product.

Not just him we have quite a few in the same situation and for a club who are trying to keep costs down I think if you say we have done this with Smith, O’leary  Woolacott Bakinson, Hinds and Pring you are looking at a £2.5m outlay not including any fees paid for the players.

Then we have the money we spent on Holden which I guess was a loss eventually, seems we are spending a lot of money at the moment for no end result.  

15 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Trouble is with a player like Jonny Smith we have had him now for 4 seasons not sure how much he is on per week say £2K that is coming up to £500K we have now spent on him and still with no end product.

Not just him we have quite a few in the same situation and for a club who are trying to keep costs down I think if you say we have done this with Smith, O’leary  Woolacott Bakinson, Hinds and Pring you are looking at a £2.5m outlay not including any fees paid for the players.

Then we have the money we spent on Holden which I guess was a loss eventually, seems we are spending a lot of money at the moment for no end result.  

I get what you are saying and agree to an extent, but O'leary, Bakinson, and Pring are in with a chance at least of making a career here.

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I get what you are saying and agree to an extent, but O'leary, Bakinson, and Pring are in with a chance at least of making a career here.

I’m surprised Pring wasn’t training with the first team group upon return for pre-season.

34 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Would have recouped a big chunk of that from the clubs they were loaned to

I'm not against the loan move its another season of development so he can play a full season here next season with all his experiences up the football pyramid under his belt.  I'm so glad he's been extended, always sounds like a nice lad and been following his loans and he's always had that left foot and pace but he looks so much more cultured from those highlights. Was raw before but anyone arguing a case for him being on loan and not with us those improvements make it all worth it. Really chuffed he's committed himself so well with his natural talent.

Just watched those highlights and he does look bloody talented. Really hope he smashes up League 1, and who knows, we could recall him in Jan if he does really well and we’re in need of something different from the wide areas. Guess us going with 3-5-2 as our preferred formation this season doesn’t help his cause in terms of getting minutes here. Would really suit being a traditional left/right winger or playing on the right in a front 3 going by that video. Something mad about good left footed wingers who cut in on their left foot when our wide right. Robben was the absolute master of this, and no matter how much the defenders knew what he was going to do, they still couldn’t stop it. 

Glad someone's put a video of him up,I'm a big fan and his left foot is something else I still feel he needs to be training day in day out with better players. I honestly hope he really he kills it with Swindon. Hes one player that would have you on the edge of your seat because he has that unpredictable left foot and pace.

7 hours ago, Street red said:

Glad someone's put a video of him up,I'm a big fan and his left foot is something else I still feel he needs to be training day in day out with better players. I honestly hope he really he kills it with Swindon. Hes one player that would have you on the edge of your seat because he has that unpredictable left foot and pace.

That ‘ someone ‘ is his proud Dad .

Ummm..... if this is the first decision by our new coaches to loan him out, that’s not a good move imo.

From that video he looks hungry, prepared to take players on, can cross and has a decent shot. That’s a ‘club in the bag’ worth having instead of the normal twenty plus short shaft 7-irons we’ve collected in recent years. 

Something needs to happen to freshen us up at our Club squad-wise. We’ve gone really stale.

If anything we’ve gone backwards since last season’s ****fest. 

How the hell do we think the product is going to be any different if the ingredients are the same. We’ve done the same old, tried, tested and failed on the Manager front, so hoping now something will happen with the squad.

Maybe some exciting, injury-free, oven-ready signings soon. Then again, pig might fly or even home shirts could be released. 

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Shaun Taylorwho’s he competing with for RF (or LF) in Wellens’s 433?  Doyle and Yates have gone, Tyler Smith in as CF....is it Isgrove, Woollery, who else?

How string was the side that played City as opposed to the one that played Brentford B?

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Shaun Taylorwho’s he competing with for RF (or LF) in Wellens’s 433?  Doyle and Yates have gone, Tyler Smith in as CF....is it Isgrove, Woollery, who else?

How string was the side that played City as opposed to the one that played Brentford B?

The side that played City was fairly strong although not the finished article as Wellens is still hoping to get one or two forwards in before the season starts and Paul Caddis would have played if match fit and left back Dion Donahue is rumoured to be resigning in the middle of September 

it looks like both Isgrove and Woolery have gone as their contracts both expired ans they never accepted what was on offer but still nothing confirmed as I'm guessing both players are holding for better offers wherever that may be

Johnny Smith would be a straight replacement for Isgrove although we've also signed Jack Payne from Lincoln who scored agains you on Saturday who he may be competing with. Also up front we've signed Diallang Jaiyesim from Norwhich who we had on loan last season and he can play anywhere inna 3 up front or just off in a no10. We also have Hallam Hope as a forward who tends to be more of a striker but there's rumours he could be off if Wellens gets in the forwwrds he's chasing. We've also got Matt Smith on a season loan from Arsenal who's a highly rated midfielder who played against Brentford 

Archived