Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Yate Town v Bristol City XI

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I had forgotten about Opi Edwards, his name hasn't cropped up in the "why don't we give them some minutes" threads or similar.

Was our best player away at Watford wasn't he in fa cup 2 or 3 years back?

Had bad injuries since which could not have helped.

Whenever I have seen him he looks really good to me. Super quick.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

No numbers on shirts...bloomin hard to see who's who under lights.

Small numbers on the front apparently, according to a picture I’ve just seen on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Be interested to hear how Sam Bell gets on.

Was impressed by him when he was playing for Yate earlier in the season against Taunton. 

Bundles of energy, quick feet and scored two goals. 

Is that Mickey’s son?

5 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

20200902_201949.jpg

15990744656412208558541967975055.jpg

Wow!! 
That’s a very intriguing set up from a corner. 9 in a row across the 6 yard box!  
Hope they aren’t planning on using that tactic for the first team as well!! 

DD375533-3963-406F-8AC6-4685402FAABB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wow!! 
That’s a very intriguing set up from a corner. 9 in a row across the 6 yard box!  
Hope they aren’t planning on using that tactic for the first team as well!! 

DD375533-3963-406F-8AC6-4685402FAABB.jpeg

That’s what Yate have done for both of their corners mate. First one was a free kick, second one curled out. Only 5 players not in the six yard box between the teams. Really bizarre.

Game itself Yate are big, strong, and quick. Certainly play far quicker than I saw last year. City struggled first 20-25 minutes then looked to be getting behind the defence but got hit against the run of play. Definitely struggling with how quick and physical Yate are playing - we want too much time, and are too small for hopeful balls into the box - those are getting cleaned easily. Need to play matching Yates pace but with more incisive ground passing. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s what Yate have done for both of their corners mate. First one was a free kick, second one curled out. Only 5 players not in the six yard box between the teams. Really bizarre.

Game itself Yate are big, strong, and quick. Certainly play far quicker than I saw last year. City struggled first 20-25 minutes then looked to be getting behind the defence but got hit against the run of play. Definitely struggling with how quick and physical Yate are playing - we want too much time, and are too small for hopeful balls into the box - those are getting cleaned easily. Need to play matching Yates pace but with more incisive ground passing. 

Where you watching from? Matthew was looking around for Liam at half time!

City are poor tbf. Young players yes but look like a Johnson first team, play on back foot and don’t take a shot when it’s on. Not sure we’ve had a shot on target yet. Freddie Hinds now off, idk why he’s not just released, terrible

Desperately need a good coach for the u23s bc this guy Alex Ball is nowhere near it

Edited by CTRed
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I've not been one to moan or even worry about the shirt situation, but it's a bit poor that we're actually wearing training tops for a match because we don't have a kit. That's a bit tinpot

We could have worn the new away kit?

24 minutes ago, CTRed said:

City are poor tbf. Young players yes but look like a Johnson first team, play on back foot and don’t take a shot when it’s on. Not sure we’ve had a shot on target yet. Freddie Hinds now off, idk why he’s not just released, terrible

Big contract innit