IGNORED

No ITV big match repeats this weekend

Never to the dark side

• The title was changed to No ITV big match repeats this weekend

The Tour de France is an international event that just happens to, mostly, take part in France. There have been 6 British winners in the last 8 years. It’s very relaxing to watch as often the cyclists just waft along, through beautiful scenery, without much happening. It’s the opposite of watching Rovers at Horfield. There you watch not much happening with awful scenery 

8 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

When they showed the world cup in the us in 94,

Tractor pulling got more viewing figures on the sports channel than the football.

Tractor pulling...

Is that when you try and take agriculture machinery on a date?

And if it is, but you then get dumped, do you get sent a John Deere letter....

On 29/08/2020 at 17:13, Bristol Rob said:

Tractor pulling...

Is that when you try and take agriculture machinery on a date?

And if it is, but you then get dumped, do you get sent a John Deere letter....

Why do I get the feeling you’ve had that banked for years, just waiting for the perfect opportunity :clapping:

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Who knows what I've got stored in the pun-bank! 

Not that the vast majority on here are fans of pun filled threads (which I can understand).

A laugh is better than a cry sometimes. A pun slipping into a thread now and again makes me believe that at least there is some sign of getting back to normality. We could all do with some signs of hope now and again. ?

5 minutes ago, Final 3 Star said:

I went to Leicester Polytechnic in the early 70s. Filbert Street every other Saturday with alternating trips on the bus to Birmingham, Coventry, or Nottingham. Happy days!

I went to filbert street around 1977 to Man Utd play I was only 13 and me and a mate travelled up by train which seems crazy nownand would never be allowed. I vaguely remember it was a long walk from the railway station and reading the football paper at New Street station on the way home

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I went to filbert street around 1977 to Man Utd play I was only 13 and me and a mate travelled up by train which seems crazy nownand would never be allowed. I vaguely remember it was a long walk from the railway station and reading the football paper at New Street station on the way home

You're right, ST - that would've been quite a hike. In my 2nd year at Poly I shared a student house on Brazil Street, which was just up the road from the ground.

1 minute ago, Final 3 Star said:

You're right, ST - that would've been quite a hike. In my 2nd year at Poly I shared a student house on Brazil Street, which was just up the road from the ground.

As you say great memories and I also remember eating bourbon creams before the game in a small park nearby the ground 

Archived