IGNORED

City vs Swindon

t_b

1 hour ago, mozo said:

So the big question... Should we be concerned?

Just a friendly, minutes in legs, not our strongest 11.

But equally that's the highest ranking opponent we will play ahead of Coventry. And they're a rival!

Should anyone ever care about a friendly? Not really.

I think we will do poorly, not because the players are bad, but because of the manager...but stranger have happened...

Realistically only the Coventry game matters.

Of course it would be good to win next week & I am sure Holden knows he needs to start well, but with 5 on international duty, 2 others definitely out & Baker possibly so, that team is not going to be anything like the one that starts the league season.

It looks like we are trying to add another 2 defenders, so if that is the plan we need to do so by Coventry, giving the squad we intend to go with in 20/21 as much chance of gelling.

Today really didn’t matter, next week doesn’t much, but focus on September 12th when it properly starts.

11 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

The players are tired!!!! You're having a complete laugh DH

Please don't be the cliche king. They can't be tired, that's poor

I hope this is a whoosh moment but you must be joking? We have had a few friendlies recently and they are working on fitness in training too. People looking for any reason to slate him atm.

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I hope this is a whoosh moment but you must be joking? We have had a few friendlies recently and they are working on fitness in training too. People looking for any reason to slate him atm.

They shouldn't be any more tired than Swindon, should they?

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

They shouldn't be any more tired than Swindon, should they?

That would very much depend on how each team have been trained and what has been focused on. Listening to that interview they have overloaded on fitness to the point of fatigue to ensure they are at the fitness levels they want to be at at seasons start not in a friendly game against Swindon.

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Of course we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but at the moment we go in to a new season with the same squad virtually as last season. One in and the loanees out. If we plan to bring in a few fresh faces then let's not take as long as the recruitment of Holden. I cannot see how Holden with the same squad is going to out perform last season. Let's hope the irons in the fire are hot and have not melted 

Pereira should be announced tomorrow or Monday 

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Finished 1-1 poor result but with the same squad that struggled for large parts of last season it's to be expected .

I feel we still need 4 new players 2 strikers 1 big un and a poacher 1 RWB/RB and 1 ball playing CH

Not forgetting an experienced manager :laugh:

57 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

He said fatigued not tired, also explained they’d been trained into that state by design. Not an excuse just a statement 

Looked and - from the 2 seconds of highlights- seemed to play like a lightweight Lee Johnson side. 

Sure our ‘breath of fresh air’ Holden will sort this out in the next few days through some vigorously researched, DNA-tested, injury-free signings to add some shape and physicality to our play. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Realistically only the Coventry game matters.

Of course it would be good to win next week & I am sure Holden knows he needs to start well, but with 5 on international duty, 2 others definitely out & Baker possibly so, that team is not going to be anything like the one that starts the league season.

It looks like we are trying to add another 2 defenders, so if that is the plan we need to do so by Coventry, giving the squad we intend to go with in 20/21 as much chance of gelling.

Today really didn’t matter, next week doesn’t much, but focus on September 12th when it properly starts.

Usually relatively optimistic but it’s all a bit underwhelming I think, the whole manager scenario was not good ( an understatement) and now we already have 8 out next week and at least 3 out of the first real game, including our new signing with an immediate injury , couldn't make it up !

I hope we can get a couple in , but not sure will be anything sensational , at the moment fair to say need convincing 

Sincerely hope proved wrong , we will see  

15 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Looked and - from the 2 seconds of highlights- seemed to play like a lightweight Lee Johnson side. 

Sure our ‘breath of fresh air’ Holden will sort this out in the next few days through some vigorously researched, DNA-tested, injury-free signings to add some shape and physicality to our play. 

Any chance of introducing a ‘yawn’ emoji?

3 hours ago, Matthew me said:

He didn’t even use the word tired. If you’ve ever done a pre-season at any sort of level you would know what he meant by fatigued particularly if you didn’t have an agenda......

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He didn’t even use the word tired. If you’ve ever done a pre-season at any sort of level you would know what he meant by fatigued particularly if you didn’t have an agenda......

I'm fatigued just thinking back to pre-season training!

Swindon’s goal.  My comment earlier didn’t age well did it ???

6BECC1B0-0FF2-4FEB-9BE5-E81747EB3B2C.thumb.jpeg.678558bb52abeb92cb80917646fdfedf.jpeg

Too far off his man, and allowed him back onto his left peg.

In fairness, because I am fair (?), I think Rowe, got caught under the initial ball too.  Not that he could win it, but his positioning meant the first Swindon player could pick a “lay-off”.

All these little things.  Better to get them out of the way in a friendly....hopefully.

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I do a lot of crosswords.........and if the clue that occured was "fatigued state"........... I am almost certain that the word tired would cross my mind?  it's all a question of semantics I guess? ?

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We've had a few games, changed teams aroumd and played 60 mins against villa

Considering the season will be lots of sat and weds games, I do get concerned our players have fatigue before the season starts!!!

If LJ had said it, he would of been hammered

14 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Considering the season will be lots of sat and weds games, I do get concerned our players have fatigue before the season starts!!!

You’re entitled to your opinion but on this occasion it seems to be based on a lack of knowledge. 

13 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

If LJ had said it we'd have been all over him

10 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I don’t think we would have slated LJ if he explained it like Holden did.  Most of us on here seem to totally understand it and the context Holden gave us.  LJ has said plenty of things even in jargon that haven’t got slated.

Pre-season training has a purpose.  To prepare you for a football season.  You use pre-season to build up your stamina and reserves....so you can play Sat/Wed/Sat (repeat) without having to keep working on fitness in between games.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but on this occasion it seems to be based on a lack of knowledge. 

I should’ve waited for your response, before I typed mine ???

Archived