IGNORED

Reading appoint new manager

Lanterne Rouge

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Unless I've missed it, they've not actually announced Mark Bowen is no longer manager. They've just jumped straight to announcing a new manager. 

He walked out yesterday when told he wasn’t being kept on as director of football.

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Blimey. And I though Dean Holden wasn't being given much of a pre season.......

Thought the same.

Not enough time to learn all the players names let alone assess a squad properly; at least Holden isn’t an unknown quantity.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

to be fair to him, there's a lot of opportunities if you know when to take them.....

He'll probably get some attention did a good job at reading given the basket case of a club they seem to be. 

Deep in financial mire by all accounts, loaning players between clubs owned by the owner for big fees. Investigated for selling their stadium (although I don't think they'd be punishes their price actually seems reasonable), spending big money and big wages on transfers (spent €12m according to Transfermarkt on Lucas Joao and Puscas and nearly €4 on Ejaria from Liverpool) without getting much return. I'd be surprised if Reading don't go into administration or the owners sell soon. 

Archived