IGNORED

Deluded?

rossofficial

Lets be honest. most clubs think they are bigger than what they are. City has been a league 1 / championship club last 40 years. and yes we are a small club in a big City. A rovers fan said to me the other day thinks Rovers are same size club as peterborough. deluded! Posh are a play off side on history. rovers mediocre league 1 /league 2 side. Surely City are similar size to Millwall, Rotherham, Brentford. thoughts? 

• The title was changed to Deluded?
1 hour ago, rossofficial said:

Lets be honest. most clubs think they are bigger than what they are. City has been a league 1 / championship club last 40 years. and yes we are a small club in a big City. A rovers fan said to me the other day thinks Rovers are same size club as peterborough. deluded! Posh are a play off side on history. rovers mediocre league 1 /league 2 side. Surely City are similar size to Millwall, Rotherham, Brentford. thoughts? 

Thoughts?.I’ve had a few beers tonight but clearly not as many as you 

1 hour ago, rossofficial said:

You support Southampton so what do you care?!

1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

So is this a thread where you acknowledge that all fans think their club is bigger than it really is, and then ask us our opinions on how big we think our club is?

Brilliant :laugh:

We are a big(ish) club compared to small(ish) clubs. ?

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Pick one out of thin air,Bournemouth are not bigger than city and even rovers tbh

here goes the debate! bournemouth have gathered 4 to 5 years prem experience. which most city fans would crave! surely this lets bournemouth overtake city on this. if you asked this question to Bournemouth fans would they say they are bigger than city? 

2 hours ago, rossofficial said:

Thoughts.... That Rovers could only dream of being on a par with Millwall, Rotherham or Brentford and some sad little gashed thinking that's an insult should probably take good, long, hard look in the mirror. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Is there a bigger divide in a 2 club city than ours,Manchester,Liverpool,Sheffield and Bristol,ours is massive because I can’t remember any other city having a non league team

Nottingham with Notts County non-league. You’re right though, the gap between us is a beautiful thing.  Let’s hope it stays that way. 

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not saying I disagree with you because I haven’t thought about it but name the dirty 30 

Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Palace, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Newcastle, Sheffield U, Southampton, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield, Boro, Norwich, QPR, Preston, Stoke, Swansea, Watford, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland, Charlton, Hull and Portsmouth. 

That'd be my list, a few in there up for debate but probably 32-34 certs

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Palace, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Newcastle, Sheffield U, Southampton, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield, Boro, Norwich, QPR, Preston, Stoke, Swansea, Watford, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland, Charlton, Hull and Portsmouth. 

That'd be my list, a few in there up for debate but probably 32-34 certs

Charlton Pompey Watford Swansea qpr Preston Bolton and Huddersfield,really?

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Charlton Pompey Watford Swansea qpr Preston Bolton and Huddersfield,really?

Brighton and Burnley 

16 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I think we're in the range of 30-40 currently. So while people complain a lot, we're doing fine, maybe slightly better than we should.

We are a bigger club than Swansea Bournemouth and the like,of course I’m going on size if you are going on success then maybe not but are Man City a bigger club than Chelsea 

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We are a bigger club than Swansea Bournemouth and the like,of course I’m going on size if you are going on success then maybe not but are Man City a bigger club than Chelsea 

Not saying I disagree, but in order to have a specific debate with a specific person you need to DEFINE what you mean by size otherwise saying that club A is bigger than club B is pretty meaningless.

Attendance? Catchment area? Historical success? Current ability to sign players?

I didn't define it, and neither did you, so neither of us can really debate it effectively. In this case I just wanted to stick an opinion out there.

The OP doesn't set out terms for a discussion, and no one else has bothered to either so you OR ME saying anyone else is wrong at this time is pointless.

If you want to have a meaningful discussion, make a definition which is "better" than "BIGGER."

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Is there a bigger divide in a 2 club city than ours,Manchester,Liverpool,Sheffield and Bristol,ours is massive because I can’t remember any other city having a non league team

Bradford.

Moreso than Nottingham because Bradford PA were relegated out the league so long ago.

Archived