IGNORED

Steve speaks

Simon bristol

13 hours ago, lenred said:

You really do talk a load of nonsense don’t you. What on Earth has someone’s personal circumstance and ‘success’ got to do with their ability, as a supporter of City, to discuss the tenure of SL and it’s ‘success’ or otherwise. Id suggest your wanton slagging of anyone that deems it fair game to question SL suggests that you have rather a lot of shortcomings yourself old chum. The ability to debate being one of them.  

I have to be humble and admit that my shortcomings are many.  Over the years I have found that the most critical people in life are those who tend to be a lot less enterprising than more optimistic types.  If people only ever see negatives, it is hard to get motivated to try to do something positive. If you would like a philosophical debate, I am happy to accommodate you. I love all that and did my degree in single subject Philosophy.

6 hours ago, glos old boy said:

A critical pigmies view..... in red

I have not worked out how to add coloured responses, but I congratulate you on your business success - maybe you will be able to buy out the Lansdown family one day.  I should mention that we have NEVER had a say in running the club and that the decisions have always been made by owners and their employees. Although virtually all clubs are supported by the largesse of wealthy owners, you must recognise that from time to time the deep pockets are simply not quite deep enough and the clubs get into huge financial problems - as we have seen in our time as supporters. City have not been immune to these financial horrors.  You may even concede that City have been very stable under SL and that we have aspirations to win promotion rather than to simply stay up.  My point is that things are pretty good right now and may well get even better. If we look at the difficulties being experienced by some clubs at present, you might even agree that we are better off than most.

20 hours ago, collier said:

I don't think he really cares how fans judge him. He has appointed Tinnion, Millen, Johnson got rid of Cotts after providing no backing after promotion etc etc. Why would he suddenly care what we think if this experiment fails too??

Yea mate spot on.

But now some fans are starting to realise they maybe are being mugged off, especially with all the bullshit that is spouted from them. 

14 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Depends on your definition of academy graduate.... he played games for the u18's deal already signed or not, similar to how if you were educated somewhere but transferred somewhere else for your last year of your education, you'd graduate from the place.

Your definition appears to be that a player who was not part of the academy, did not play for the academy is an academy graduate. I will politely disagree. 

However the point actually made was about the performance of the academy. Having no academy graduates in the XI and one player who was not part of the academy, did not play for the academy on the bench is not an indicator of a highly performing academy. 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Your definition appears to be that a player who was not part of the academy, did not play for the academy is an academy graduate. I will politely disagree. 

However the point actually made was about the performance of the academy. Having no academy graduates in the XI and one player who was not part of the academy, did not play for the academy on the bench is not an indicator of a highly performing academy. 

Played in the 18's on trial and after signing, perhaps it was only the last year but still he did

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:
11 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Played in the 18's on trial and after signing, perhaps it was only the last year but still he did

However the point actually made was about the performance of the academy. Having 1 academy graduate who played in the 18's on trial and after signing on the bench is not an indicator of a highly performing academy. Lrrr does that help you understand the point Cowshed was trying to make here??

12 minutes ago, collier said:

However the point actually made was about the performance of the academy. Having 1 academy graduate who played in the 18's on trial and after signing on the bench is not an indicator of a highly performing academy. Lrrr does that help you understand the point Cowshed was trying to make here??

This post is not condescending enough . Must try harder.

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

Completely agree with this. 

I would also take it a step further, however, in that the under-valued players that we are looking to bring in and develop are not even selected by the Head Coach imo.

My theory is that the HC goes to Ashton and his recruitment department asking for a player in a particular position. Ashton then then goes to the recruitment team and goes back to the HC with a list of options from their database, research etc., with Holden only getting involved at that point. Holden may have the final say out of those options, as Ashton always insists, but I very much doubt he even has much input into the original list of targets. 

The experienced coaches we looked at would want to bring in their own players who they’ve worked with before who won’t necessarily fit the mould. They wouldn’t want to work in the way we operate, and that’s why we’ve ended up with Holden, LJ, Millen, Tinnion etc. over the years.

This is pure speculation on my part, just my theory on how it all works and why we almost always end up getting with an inexperienced HC. They’ll put up with SL and MA calling the shots in a way the Hughtons would not. 

As you say, this pure speculation on your part, and therefore has no basis whatsoever in fact.  

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Yea mate spot on.

But now some fans are starting to realise they maybe are being mugged off, especially with all the bullshit that is spouted from them. 

Says who?  You?  If you think that everything that comes out of the club is bullshit, then I would suggest you go and support a club which you think is honest and cares about its fans more than City does.  I’d be interested in who that is, but I think you’d have to delve down the divisions.  I may not agree all the time with what my club does, but I understand what Lansdown is saying and if anyone has the right to determine which way City goes, its him.

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

And when Ashley Williams forearms someone in the face? What do you want to see and hear?

For me it's certainly not rumours signing him back!

Fair point....that’s a bit different though....yes, expect criticism.  It’s the LJ stuff re Magnússon, Moore, even Wells.  I disagreed with what he said about O’Dowda (injury / contract) also.  LJ was too free in deflecting away from him.

Archived