IGNORED

Camera work/angles

formerly known as ivan

Watching the goals from the friendly yesterday couldn’t help but notice the camera work was shocking, couldn’t keep up with play, as well as the angle being so low.

For those who watched the games after the restart on BCTV can you advise if this is the standard you would expect/experienced or was it just an off day?

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Watching the goals from the friendly yesterday couldn’t help but notice the camera work was shocking, couldn’t keep up with play, as well as the angle being so low.

For those who watched the games after the restart on BCTV can you advise if this is the standard you would expect/experienced or was it just an off day?

No, globally Robins TV is quite good. It can change when we are away and the home crew do the videoing. 

Where they need to improve is the commentary, often waffling on about who has the best haircut when Wells has entered the opposition box or we are under attack for example . 

Also to cut down on the excruciating numb headed optimism like , with City clearly being hammered they’ll say things like ‘ City have 5 minutes to turn  round ‘ when even Stevie Wonder could see that no way would it happen.

I often turn the commentary off which is a shame. 

24 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s nothing like that on a proper game.  They just didn’t film a friendly properly. 

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No, globally Robins TV is quite good. It can change when we are away and the home crew do the videoing. 

Where they need to improve is the commentary, often waffling on about who has the best haircut when Wells has entered the opposition box or we are under attack for example . 

Also to cut down on the excruciating numb headed optimism like , with City clearly being hammered they’ll say things like ‘ City have 5 minutes to turn  round ‘ when even Stevie Wonder could see that no way would it happen.

I often turn the commentary off which is a shame. 

Agree, think Sky provided the cameras post-covid too.  Not sure about the whole infrastructure though.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s nothing like that on a proper game.  They just didn’t film a friendly properly. 

@Lrrrwere they using the training ground camera system?

18 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I thought Paul Simpson did a cracking job on his IPhone 7 standing on top of a picnic bench, adding value that might just be the difference between playoffs and Automatic promotion come the end of the season.

I went down to the pizza on the pitch event yesterday and very good that was.

It was lovely to be back home.I did notice that there was a scaffolding structure above where the journalists sits.This I imagine is for the tv equipment.Looks like this part of the stadium won’t be used for a while I,e test events.

On 30/08/2020 at 18:48, Major Isewater said:

I disagree here Major. They generally only have one angle and there really is no excuse in an empty stadium not to place a few cameras closer to the action. The commentary is awful but I do like Downsie's higher or lower. Nobody ever loses!

2 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I disagree here Major. They generally only have one angle and there really is no excuse in an empty stadium not to place a few cameras closer to the action. The commentary is awful but I do like Downsie's higher or lower. Nobody ever loses!

Post-covid the camera set up was different, I think Sky were behind more camera angles, etc. I’m sure someone will correct me if wrong.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Post-covid the camera set up was different, I think Sky were behind more camera angles, etc. I’m sure someone will correct me if wrong.

Yes Dave, that is what I am saying Sky and indeed other clubs seem to manage extra angles, but City never have for their own footage and their BCTV or RobinsTV streaming (where Sky is not involved). At times I have watched the footage from RamsTV, or wherever, and it is far better even when they are the away side at Ashton Gate. The footage for the friendlies was a lower angle but was still only one angle. Maybe we need to invest in a couple of extra cameras.

43 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Yes Dave, that is what I am saying Sky and indeed other clubs seem to manage extra angles, but City never have for their own footage and their BCTV or RobinsTV streaming (where Sky is not involved). At times I have watched the footage from RamsTV, or wherever, and it is far better even when they are the away side at Ashton Gate. The footage for the friendlies was a lower angle but was still only one angle. Maybe we need to invest in a couple of extra cameras.

There were multiple angles for the non-sky home games after Covid. 

Archived