IGNORED

Margaret Dodds

Aberdeen Pete's Dad

Margaret Dodds died yesterday at the age of 103. She had supported City over many decades, and attended every match , in all weathers, until last year. 

She was a lovely lady , who greatly enjoyed her football, and will be greatly missed. She was amazingly fit for her age, until becoming unwell a couple of days ago.

My most enduring memory of her was going to the pub after we defeated Manchester United. A great night !

We met Margaret in the late 1980s, standing on the terraces at Northampton and got talking to her because she knew someone in our extended group from theEnclosure. We got to know her a little then, and we drove her to an away game with us once (Walsall, I think): a woman in her 70s with a couple of 20 something blokes. She was great company and all in all an impressive woman. She’d played football in her twenties, as I recall.

RIP Margaret.

Amazing lady who spent some of her life in India I believe. She was still going to the supermarket in Weston on her bike in her 90’s.

For many years a friend of mine and City supporter,  who sadly passed away far too young last year, took Margaret to the home matches. I attended a couple of matches with them and win or lose it was clear Margaret loved her football and never seemed to have a bad word about any of the players.

Really good to hear she felt well almost up to passing away. She obviously led a very full life with a refreshingly positive outlook and hopefully she’ll be looking down on a promotion season 

Archived