BCFC1512

Team was

Wiles-Richards
 Taylor. Harrison Webb
Edwards.             Soady
        Z.Smith. Owers
            Benarous
        Bell.  Britton 

Zac Smith very good box to box. Soady reminds me of Joe Bryan. Britton worked well as a target man. Bell was up and down but can see there’s a player there. Edwards most disappointing considering he’s one of the older ones.  Benarous though.....superb. 

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I remember thinking he looked decent a couple of times but was mainly concentrating on our players to be honest. 

Watched him play for us a few times and he seemed quite promising then.Being a local boy I was sorry to see him go.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Just back from the game.

Benarous looks on a different level. Quick, strong, great balance, low centre of gravity. The way he runs with the ball he looks different to everyone else. And such amazing work rate, chased everything. Really impressive.

I liked Conway when he came on up top. A few great touches and scored a good goal.

Owers looks very tidy in the holding role. Didn't know he was so tall.

Zac Smith box to box midfielder looked impressive too. Looks a good all round player to me.

The work rate from all players looked phenomenal. And could see glimpses of quality from numerous players. But a lot of the game was about fighting to win challenges, chasing everything. They battled so well.

I think games like this are great for their development. Will be interesting to see where some of them go on loan. 

Thanks JD. I couldn't go because snowed under with DIY on the house. It's a good match to watch and gives our young ones a tough 90 minutes against a decent team of adults with experience.

Glad to hear Louis Britton get good comments.  There were a few comments from one if the other friendlies saying he puts himself about.  Having played with and against his old man, as a CB I much preferred being on the same side as Geoff....a right handful.

And good to see the 352 (3412 / 5212)....thanks all for posting good match reviews tonight! 

Archived