IGNORED

Holden meeting player today

westonred

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

I see Brentford have just made the kind of Marquee signing which I was hopefully hoping ? that we would make?   But in signing Ivan Toney, I guess he will be a replacement for Watkins, who is off to Villa...so one in, and one out.  So they have made a profit, and recruited a quality striker, seems a great bit of business.    Be interesting to see how Toney gets on

I think we’ve made our marquee signing - Joe Williams - the fact that we only paid £1.25m for him is not indicative of his true value.  I seriously think had Wigan stayed up and not been in administration he would’ve be £4-5m.  Reading between the lines of his first interview it Sounded like we moved early to get him, and only administrators caused delays.

All of us wanted a combative midfielder.  What we’ve got is one with box-to-box range too, not dismissing his ability of the ball either.

The injury is bloody frustrating...let’s hope it’s not 10-12 weeks.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Think he is with Portugal’s U21s at present so seems unlikely.

He’s been called up....

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah just seen they've got Cyprus, would be a bit of a detour that

....not sure when they are travelling though.

2 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Is that a fact or an opinion ?

Neither, just a crap but of humour ???

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possibly didn't play a shape that allowed him to display his best- like with a lot of our players last year under LJ.

Totally agree with that I am interested to see how certain players perform now that LJ is no longer here.

Archived