IGNORED

All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur - Amazon Prime

Lrrr

Obviously not a footballer but I once did a Danny Rose to my boss too. At the time I felt like I was working my arse off and being treated unfairly, I would have come across as an idiot too like Danny did but I have seen Spurs games in the past when he looks like the only one trying. Speaking to Daniel Levy is where he sounds quite petty to me and I can't defend that, a bit too much of a moaner at times I guess. Wonder if they have patched things up and how much game time he's going to get next season. ?

On 08/09/2020 at 18:11, Baba Yaga said:

Obviously not a footballer but I once did a Danny Rose to my boss too. At the time I felt like I was working my arse off and being treated unfairly, I would have come across as an idiot too like Danny did but I have seen Spurs games in the past when he looks like the only one trying. Speaking to Daniel Levy is where he sounds quite petty to me and I can't defend that, a bit too much of a moaner at times I guess. Wonder if they have patched things up and how much game time he's going to get next season. ?

Hasn’t been given a squad number.

Found this thread because I’ve just finished the most recent three. It is an incredible series and much better produced than the Man City one. 

On 08/09/2020 at 18:11, Baba Yaga said:

I was thinking the same thing for me from once upon a time! I’m glad I learnt that life lesson off camera unlike Danny Rose ?

• Admin
24 minutes ago, James54De said:

Hasn’t been given a squad number.

Found this thread because I’ve just finished the most recent three. It is an incredible series and much better produced than the Man City one. 

I've not seen the Manchester City series, I've just watched the first three episodes of the Spurs one, and didn't think much of it. 

No real great insights. 

Is it worth persevering with? 

we are all different, but I liked all these 'fly on the wall' types docs.  

Amused in one to see Kane, Song & i think Erickson  all sat down having a meal and watching Sky Sports news.

Discussing transfers fees and the fact Kane was worth nothing at that time as he had a 'Hammy' , jargon for hamstring injury !

On 15/09/2020 at 22:06, phantom said:

I've not seen the Manchester City series, I've just watched the first three episodes of the Spurs one, and didn't think much of it. 

No real great insights. 

Theres nothing earth shattering In it. Highly sanitised. Haven’t watched the last one yet but episode 8 has all the COVID impacts that’s the best so far.

How bad are the ‘motivational and the tactical talks’!

To think Jose is supposedly the best manager in the World!

I could do that. Giz us a job. 

The Captain’s pre-match talk are even worse and appears to comprise a couple of variants of ‘let’s fooking do ‘em’. The more f’s included the better. 

Shockingly bad. 

On 15/09/2020 at 22:06, phantom said:

No real great insights. 

I think it's mildly interesting to see what goes on behind closed doors. It's not as "fiery" as I was expecting considering the season Spurs had but they really glossed over the Poch part of the season.

I'd say the Sunderland one is the better one of the 3. Man City one was a bit boring as they won most games and dressing room all got along, I think these sort of things are more interesting when it's going badly e.g. Sunderland.

Agreed with the poster about the pre-match motivation. Kane and even Lloris are so dull. That said, Man City didn't really have a captains speech before game, it was all Pep and out you go.

13 hours ago, RedRock said:

How bad are the ‘motivational and the tactical talks’!

To think Jose is supposedly the best manager in the World!

I could do that. Giz us a job. 

The Captain’s pre-match talk are even worse and appears to comprise a couple of variants of ‘let’s fooking do ‘em’. The more f’s included the better. 

Shockingly bad. 

This was the most surprising element for me. How inane the briefings and pre-match stuff was.

Might as well be saying "Try to win the game"

Just telling the players what to do not how to do it type stuff.

However - I assume it's mostly down to editing. We most likely don't see the more gritty, tactical stuff.

22 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I always find those stupid little talks from the captain just before a match absolutely cringeworthy. They're never any use, just an excuse for swearing and getting themselves 'riled up'. Then 30 seconds later they're more often than not hugging someone from the opposition team in the tunnel :laugh:.

This should be played to every team pre game instead of the captain talking

Archived