IGNORED

Final Friendly (This week)

Davefevs

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In-house or Behind closed doors with media blackout?

Sounds from Holden's interview he's planning on playing the starting 11 for Saturday so wouldn't be surprised if it's a media blackout to avoid giving away too much to our opposition?

Or is that just thinking too much into it as if Exeter watch any of our last 5 games of last year they'll get a very good idea of how we are going to play under Holden even if we are going to be without the internationals.....

6 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Sounds from Holden's interview he's planning on playing the starting 11 for Saturday so wouldn't be surprised if it's a media blackout to avoid giving away too much to our opposition?

Or is that just thinking too much into it as if Exeter watch any of our last 5 games of last year they'll get a very good idea of how we are going to play under Holden even if we are going to be without the internationals.....

Plus with a minimum of 8 players unavailable on Saturday you would have to be pretty stupid not to be able to work out at least 9 of our starting XI (further injuries & signings notwithstanding) & that we have committed to a variant of 3-5-2.

If it is “in house” we will presumably have to be playing against our U21 side because we don’t have enough players left to have 2 senior teams of our own.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So what do we reckon?

Bentley

Hunt / Vyner Moore Rowe / Dasilva

Weimann Bakinson Paterson

Wells Diedhiou

Bit of experience around Bakinson?

Yeah roughly that with Rowe replaced by new signing vs Exeter, making him a CM back up as well as LWB and LCB!

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So what do we reckon?

Bentley

Wells Diedhiou

If we don’t bring anyone in (if we do then I think Rowe might play in CM) I reckon so, as the only other option is to ask Palmer to play in that role instead of Bakinson, a far more experienced player & also a way of getting him into the side.

Beyond those you have named I can only think of O’Leary, Palmer, Eliasson, Semenyo & Szmodics (if he is still here) so the likes of Pring, Adelakun & Morton could all potentially be subs.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

A year older, a year slower Ashley Williams.....please no.

I remember him saying that the lifestyle he adopted some years ago has enabled him to maintain his overall fitness and his performance stats haven't noticeably dropped from a few years ago. 

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I remember him saying that the lifestyle he adopted some years ago has enabled him to maintain his overall fitness and his performance stats haven't noticeably dropped from a few years ago. 

Yeah missing games through constant red cards does that for you . . . 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Bit harsh.

Total of 6 reds in 660 games is hardly constant is it.

2 reds in 32 for us could be construed as one too many but that doesn't indicate constant either.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bit harsh.

2 reds in 32 for us could be construed as one too many but that doesn't indicate constant either.

Constant enough to put into doubt the "role model" or "leader" he was supposed to be though eh 

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Constant enough to put into doubt the "role model" or "leader" he was supposed to be though eh 

Now you've switched it from being fit due to constantly being sent off, to not being a role model or leader due to being constantly sent off.

Seems to me that whatever is said you'll come back with similar stuff.

I'll agree to disagree with you and leave it there.

I wonder how much priority we will put into this and the other cups this season? 

With a condensed fixture list and extra pressure on the playing squad I wonder if we might play a good chunk of the U23s and not care if we go out at this stage or will the club be hoping to go on cup runs and gain the additional plaudits and income that will hopefully come from this?

I read that the FA cup rewards have been halved this year so those clubs lower down the pyramid that need a decent run to help them keep afloat will struggle that bit more sadly.

2 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

I wonder how much priority we will put into this and the other cups this season? 

With a condensed fixture list and extra pressure on the playing squad I wonder if we might play a good chunk of the U23s and not care if we go out at this stage or will the club be hoping to go on cup runs and gain the additional plaudits and income that will hopefully come from this?

I read that the FA cup rewards have been halved this year so those clubs lower down the pyramid that need a decent run to help them keep afloat will struggle that bit more sadly.

It is true, I think they should only have been cut to 50% from say round 4 onwards, that would have offered some income protection for the 'smaller' clubs that get that far.

18 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

While I agree with the sentiment SM, given Holden will be aware of the supports ambivilance to his appointment, I would suggest he would want to get off to a decent start.

Personally, I wouldn’t be too bothered if we didn’t win this.

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bit harsh.

So 4 reds in 628 before he joined us, showing this season to be particularly bad.

His red against Forest was the epitome of unprofessionalism, and something you'd be annoyed to see from a player 10 years younger. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So what do we reckon?

Bentley

Wells Diedhiou

I quite like that, a bit of youth to be "excited" about but still quite strong on paper / based on what they're capable of

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Cor must almost be as many games missed as Baker through injury... ie barely any in the grand scheme of things

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So 4 reds in 628 before he joined us, showing this season to be particularly bad.

His red against Forest was the epitome of unprofessionalism, and something you'd be annoyed to see from a player 10 years younger. 

I agree, probably down to frustration about what what was happening around him. Can't defend it, but it was definitely out of character.

Archived