IGNORED

Cam Pring loan to pompey

Gillies Downs Leeds

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

And a new 3 year deal too apparently 

Thats good to hear.

Good move for him to L1 with a team that has a chance of promotion.

Would've liked to see him given a shot here but the contract and move to L1 is next best.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

What I find intriguing is that all the young players we are letting out on loan this season are all signing contract extensions too

Are we protecting out investment, ensuring their loan clubs don't sign them on the cheap?

Did it last season too, likely its a 'we have faith you still have a role to play here' and yes as above don't want their contract low after a season on loan

As for the loan great for Pring, top of league 1 level hopefully, if he excels there then has to be ready for us same way Walsh/Morrell/O'Leary should be around our squad

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Another one a loan too far?

@Davefevs

I know you haven’t asked me but don’t think so here. Hard to imagine him beating out Dasilva. Think the quality of the team he went to shows he was probably ready for some championship games but at the detriment to his development. Think best to let him get games in a good team and let Rowe finish his contract with us as backup. 

Look forward to @Davefevs view though

Am I the only one that’s really disappointed by this?

it looks as though we are adopting a system that would suit him and also enable him to get some game time with us. 

Granted this will be a good move for his development but from what I’ve seen, albeit not much, I think he should be in or around the first team squad.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I know you haven’t asked me but don’t think so here. Hard to imagine him beating out Dasilva. Think the quality of the team he went to shows he was probably ready for some championship games but at the detriment to his development. Think best to let him get games in a good team and let Rowe finish his contract with us as backup. 

If we bring in another LB as cover/competition for JD you'd wonder though. Depends how often he plays at Pompey. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

it looks as though we are adopting a system that would suit him and also enable him to get some game time with us. 

Granted this will be a good move for his development but from what I’ve seen, albeit not much, I think he should be in or around the first team squad.

Well thats the thing do we send him out to hopefully get 40 odd games ala Walsh/Morrell or keep him with us where if Dasilva stays fit he probably won't get many games or just cameos, arguments for both sides but the noise from the club is we haven't ripped up the manual on how we do things, I'd expect a loan or Rowe covering again for a season (his last on his contract?).

6 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

We can recall him in January if needed. I think his recent deal indicates he will be involved with us in the near future. 

I think Portsmouth is a great move for him.

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Well thats the thing do we send him out to hopefully get 40 odd games ala Walsh/Morrell or keep him with us where if Dasilva stays fit he probably won't get many games or just cameos, arguments for both sides but the noise from the club is we haven't ripped up the manual on how we do things, I'd expect a loan or Rowe covering again for a season (his last on his contract?).

If say we were going to play this season with a back 4 I would say he wouldn’t have got many games. I just feel as though playing wing backs he may have featured a lot more. A bit like when Bryan did under SC.

I guess Rowe is an able stand in for DaSilva though.

You would think that we would want good cover for our wingbacks,if that's the tactics we will be using most of the time. It's a very demanding position, particularly with the frequency of games this season.

I guess management feel that Rowe and O'Dowda are sufficient backup. I don't see the point of signing another as backup. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Another one a loan too far?

@Davefevs

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I didn’t include Pring in my article as he wasn’t training with the first team, which was by scope of the article.

I was however surprised he wasn’t part of the first ore-season squad, albeit a few rumours he was having a trial (with a view to a loan) at Plymouth.  He was part of pre-season in 18/19 and captured the imagination a bit.

In terms of one loan too many?  No, definitely not.  With fairly limited game time over the past two seasons at Newport and Walsall...this to me seems perfect.  Perhaps if he’d not got injured last season, there might’ve been a case for him to be ready this season, but I’m in total agreement with club here.  Jan recall....who knows!

Confidence of club to give him a 3 year deal too.

2 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

If say we were going to play this season with a back 4 I would say he wouldn’t have got many games. I just feel as though playing wing backs he may have featured a lot more. A bit like when Bryan did under SC.

I guess Rowe is an able stand in for DaSilva though.

He’s a very good player mate, quick & strong but first & foremost needs to stay fit. If that happens his talent will shine through. To coin a GJ phrase “He can’t get his game going”.  

Confidence/Belief is everything for a player look at Johnny Smith....

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We obviously like him as evidenced by new 3 year deal not just a contract extension. Portsmouth is a big step up from Walsall. Happy to trust Jackett to do the right thing by him. 

His new deal also has a 4th year option included too. A smart bit of business, if you ask me!

COYR.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Apologies please @JoeAman08 for not including you and probably several others. Good point about Pring not being a threat to Dasilva's tenure at number 3. 

I see the benefits to him in getting first team game time in League one but on the other hand, I believe, that some matches for City and being in the first team squad could be more useful to him and City.

I consider we are delaying their first team careers to the detriment of club and player.

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Apologies please @JoeAman08 for not including you and probably several others. Good point about Pring not being a threat to Dasilva's tenure at number 3. 

I see the benefits to him in getting first team game time in League one but on the other hand, I believe, that some matches for City and being in the first team squad could be more useful to him and City.

I consider we are delaying their first team careers to the detriment of club and player.

Tend to agree.

I'd like to have seen Pring and Jonny Smith on the City bench this season and getting sub. appearances, and being considered for a start in the next game if they come on and really shine.

Why not? They're certainly old enough and as the club have given them new contracts they must think they're good enough too.

Having seen what Smith can do I'm disappointed he's gone out on loan again and Pring seems to be a similarly promising player.

17 hours ago, Shockwave said:

At 22 he should be pressing for a first team spot with us

If your good enough your old enough!!!!

Different players develop at different rates technically, tactically and physically.

He is hardly close to retirement.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tend to agree.

I'd like to have seen Pring and Jonny Smith on the City bench this season and getting sub. appearances, and being considered for a start in the next game if they come on and really shine.

Why not? They're certainly old enough and as the club have given them new contracts they must think they're good enough too.

Having seen what Smith can do I'm disappointed he's gone out on loan again and Pring seems to be a similarly promising player.

Smith is a winger, if we don't play with wingers he is going to find game time very limited. Pring is behind Rowe who is a capable left wing back and one that we would likely struggle to shift until next summer. What suits them better, 10 (probably less for Smith) cameos from the bench, or getting 30+ league appearances at a L1 club to get them ready for next season?

100% the latter for me.

Archived