IGNORED

Chris Brunt - Signing Confirmed

GrahamC

10 hours ago, redsontour said:

Many years ago, I sat on the gantry commentating on City for a few years. Over that period there was one player that we never got, who I always felt would make a huge difference, Graham Kavanagh, both when at Stoke and when at Cardiff...someone that always ran midfield, whoever he was against and whoever was beside him. I think Brunt could well be the Kavanagh we need. Here’s hoping. 

Wasn’t it Kavanagh who scored against us ,in a cheating way before the ref had blown to take the free kick , at the Leyland Paint Final at Wembley ? 

Morning all

Albion fan here. I have read this thread to see what you think of your new signing.

To answer a few of your points, he has a hell of a left foot and can deliver fantastic crosses and corners. Really good in dead ball situations as well. The reason why he did not make that many appearances last year is due the the fact that we had Periera, Diangana, Krovinovic in midfield, and Kieran Gibbs and [then] Ferguson at the LB position. Check out the wealth of evidence on Youtube, a great player and still capable of making a massive contribution. I agree that he may not be up for two games a week, but his experience and leadership both on and off the pitch will be invaluable.   

Brunty is an absolute legend at WBA and he comes to you with our best wishes.

Good  luck for the new season chaps, we  will be watching his progress very keenly - he is a great bloke.

4 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Yet another useless years too late signing. Like gary o neill, like ahsley williams, like david james, like micheal bridges, like marcus stewart, such a cheap ass club

Like Wilbs, Hartley  Tinnion. All past it.

55 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Yet another useless years too late signing. Like gary o neill, like ahsley williams, like david james, like micheal bridges, like marcus stewart, such a cheap ass club

You are talking shit mate,

Brunt is absolutely quality with a will to win. Adding much needed experience and a captain figure,

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, I think we can safely rule out the reason for not giving Hughton the job being we were concerned he would have a shopping list of expensive, experienced Championship players! 

Brunt made 11 appearances last season and has come to play more games here so I'd imagine he will feature a fair bit in starting line-ups. 

Just seems the trend of blocking the pathway for youngsters is continuing, not abating. We shall wait and see I guess... 

I should add, I'm not opposed to any of the three experienced players signing, per se, just noting the direction of travel in comparison to the words of SL. 

I'm generally feeling the same but think there are a couple of counter-points:

1. If Vyner, Morrell, Walsh, Moore and Semenyo all get 15+ appearances this season, you've got to credit them with bring the 'youth' through. So far seems like that could happen.

2. Holden could arguably say to Lansdown "Look, I'll integrate these young players, but we need to add some proper experience too because otherwise we're lacking leadership."

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm generally feeling the same but think there are a couple of counter-points:

1. If Vyner, Morrell, Walsh, Moore and Semenyo all get 15+ appearances this season, you've got to credit them with bring the 'youth' through. So far seems like that could happen.

2. Holden could arguably say to Lansdown "Look, I'll integrate these young players, but we need to add some proper experience too because otherwise we're lacking leadership."

Yep, I'd agree with that. I'm afraid I am still skeptical at this point though. 

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I have a feeling we might play more offensively down the right hand side anyway. That should suit Brunt if he’s playing LWB. Dasilva is growing into LWB but he’s played most of his career as a pure LB. Hunt seems comfortable as RWB and it seems Sessegnon has great attributes for that role. 

Will be interesting to see how we line up and how the system functions.

That's how Mourinho sets up at Spurs in his 3-5-2. He asks Davies to sit in more at the LWB but got Aurier to push right up as the RWB. Guess that's why he's picked up Doherty from Wolves to do the same. When countered on, those 3 central defenders shift over allowing Davies to become a LB. Guess we could operate the same way with Dasilva & Hunt/Sess.

Archived