IGNORED

Dean Holden - pre-Exeter press conference

Davefevs

People can add bits and pieces in here, but from Gregor’s update:

• Baker is the more concerning injury (weeks or months)
  • Walsh and Williams will miss first game (but maybe more reassuring re Williams with respect to Baker)
  • Taylor Moore played v West Brom (was 0-0)
  • Williams (Ashley) has had conversations but not specific about what
  • Maenpaa training as a duty of care, no discussions yet 

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

People can add bits and pieces in here, but from Gregor’s update:

• Baker is the more concerning injury (weeks or months)
  • Walsh and Williams will miss first game (but maybe more reassuring re Williams with respect to Baker)
  • Taylor Moore played v West Brom (was 0-0)
  • Williams (Ashley) has had conversations but not specific about what
  • Maenpaa training as a duty of care, no discussions yet 

Couldn’t of happened Dave nothing on the OS about it . Seems as though we get more information from a journalist than our club at the moment. 
We definitely are playing Saturday aren’t we
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-holden-full-transcript-next-4480190

Interesting to read what he says about "team spirit" - that was something that seemed absent under LJ but that we had in abundance under Cotts & GJ. Getting a decent spirit amongst the squad is hugely important sand can turn defeats into draws and draws into wins.

Will be good to see a team that really do play for each other and end up being greater than the sum of their parts.  

You've gotta feel for poor old Nathan Baker- just about every time this very talented defender gets near a pitch-boom- he's out injured for the long term.

Eddie Large once said that buying a boat gave him the two happiest moments of his life- the day he bought it and the day he sold it. I wonder if our Steve will feel the same way about Bakes.

6 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I need to hear phrases like....

- game of two halves

- sick as a parrot

- we go on

- its a funny old game

- we need to score more goals than them to have a chance of winning

....before I can be convinced this guy knows anything about football.

So long as you get 'At the end of the day...' at the beginning of those sentences.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Interesting to read what he says about "team spirit" - that was something that seemed absent under LJ but that we had in abundance under Cotts & GJ. Getting a decent spirit amongst the squad is hugely important sand can turn defeats into draws and draws into wins.

Will be good to see a team that really do play for each other and end up being greater than the sum of their parts.  

A lot easier to get team spirit up when there are no games going though.  It's when you lose 2 on the bounce, players that aren't playing but think they should be, little arguments among the group etc.  That's when it all goes downhill isn't it

4 minutes ago, Roe said:

It's when you lose 2 on the bounce, players that aren't playing but think they should be, little arguments among the group etc.  That's when it all goes downhill isn't it

I guess that's the litmus test. I'm sure we'll find out at some stage though eh. COYR :city:

18 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I need to hear phrases like....

- game of two halves

- sick as a parrot

- we go on

- its a funny old game

- we need to score more goals than them to have a chance of winning

....before I can be convinced this guy knows anything about football.

I'm with you on this no need to baffle us with science, keep it nice and simple.

There are no easy games at this level ,

Parking the bus ,

We’re taking it one game at a time

are the bread and butter for us fans no need for an explanation as to who is playing in the hole or Xg stats or Christmas tree formations.

On reflection DH can say what he likes as long as we keep winning and are promoted by Easter.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Seems training is pretty intense;

"We're really trying to build this culture of going for it every day in training, training on the edge and there's been a couple of not scraps - that's too far - but a bit of argy-bargy in training because we're competitive and that's what we want. We're building a team spirit, which is coming along nicely, and we're looking to bring one or two more players in as we start the season."

We want names :yes:

Archived