IGNORED

Alfie Mawson- Confirmed

MC RISK77

Comment from a Fulham fan when I said about Nathan ‘made of glass’ Baker’s injury possibly accelerating the move for Mawson....

Mawson literally got injured putting his boots on for us... Convinced his Knees don't actually exist at this point. Genuinely if I could go back to 2018 and veto one of the signings we made I'd genuinely do Mawson, he's made of glass and he was awful most of the time when he did play. It's not a coincidence that as soon as we got Hector in we were miles better.

There probably is still an alright player in there, because you don't get an England call-up for no reason. But his move to us has been cursed.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Comment from a Fulham fan when I said about Nathan ‘made of glass’ Baker’s injury possibly accelerating the move for Mawson....

Mawson literally got injured putting his boots on for us... Convinced his Knees don't actually exist at this point. Genuinely if I could go back to 2018 and veto one of the signings we made I'd genuinely do Mawson, he's made of glass and he was awful most of the time when he did play. It's not a coincidence that as soon as we got Hector in we were miles better.

There probably is still an alright player in there, because you don't get an England call-up for no reason. But his move to us has been cursed.

Sean dyche was like that for us but he was still a good player. Sometimes it just doesn’t work at one club. Fulham must be paying a good chuck of his wages I would of thought 

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sean dyche was like that for us but he was still a good player. Sometimes it just doesn’t work at one club. Fulham must be paying a good chuck of his wages I would of thought 

2 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Might not be a popular opinion, but this feels like a regression signing, and I do hope I am wrong. Dickie at Oxford is the rising star (now at QPR), I hope we aren’t going back to the bad old days of players past their peak. There is a player in there for sure, but is he able to get back to is best? Huge gamble 

He's 26, could just be a case of getting him back to his best with game time 

Might not be a popular opinion, but this feels like a regression signing, and I do hope I am wrong. Dickie at Oxford is the rising star (now at QPR), I hope we aren’t going back to the bad old days of players past their peak. There is a player in there for sure, but is he able to get back to is best? Huge gamble 

He's still only 26 and it's only two years since he was in the England squad. If it's a 12 month loan with an option to buy is it really that much of a gamble? Guessing the wages/loan fee will be similar to what we paid for Benkovic.

Definitely worth a punt for me.

6 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Nonsense. You clearly know very little about him. Yes he’s had injury issues.. but so had Webster when he came here. He’s a genuinely quality player and would be a regular in the Prem were it not for injuries. It’s a signing of real intent imo.

Can’t see that it’s a huge gamble tbf. A fit, firing, Mawson is easily PL quality. If we were signing him permanently I’d totally agree with you but it’s a loan (and likely in common with most of our loans will have an option to buy). If it works - we’ve got a quality defender at likely fraction of his last move. If it fails - we’ve lost a loan fee and wage contribution.

If you gave me the choice between Dickie (unproven at this level) on a permanent and Mawson (proven at a higher level albeit injury concerns) on a loan to buy at 26, there’s only one option for me.

Archived