IGNORED

Alfie Mawson- Confirmed

MC RISK77

2 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

Clever signing in my view, potentially addressing our biggest weakness from last season (e.g. Getting the ball up the pitch, playing out from defence). After TM was sent out on loan, we had no one capable of bringing the ball forward, making us susceptible to a high press, inevitably resulting in a hoof forward.

But feedback I've had is that he can't defend - not aggressive enough and doesn't get tight. Playing in a 5 man defence might help in that respect.

Benkovic did have attributes suited to bringing the ball out but we never really saw the best of him under LJ.

Back 3 (plus wing backs) with Moore as RCB Benkovic as LCB could've brought a whole new dimension IMO.

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I guess as loan will end 30/6 at worst, it’s only 10 months, so nearer a £1, than £1.25m.  It all helps!

Hopefully this gets completed today. Much like Webster, if he stays fit then we’ve got ourselves a fantastic player.

He’s probably the closest we could realistically find to an attainable Webster type - and I’d have assumed Mawson would’ve been out of reach.

Really impressed if we pull this off. A serious sign of intent - not the signing of a club content to tread water.

I’m also impressed by the signings we’ve made being players to directly improve the first 11. Players for ‘now’ in other words. I liked that about the 14/15 summer window under Cotterill. First team players to fit a specific system.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hopefully this gets completed today. Much like Webster, if he stays fit then we’ve got ourselves a fantastic player.

He’s probably the closest we could realistically find to an attainable Webster type - and I’d have assumed Mawson would’ve been out of reach.

Really impressed if we pull this off. A serious sign of intent - not the signing of a club content to tread water.

I’m also impressed by the signings we’ve made being players to directly improve the first 11. Players for ‘now’ in other words. I liked that about the 14/15 summer window under Cotterill. First team players to fit a specific system.

Yep...proven premier league player/quality(80 odd games)..

Concern is knee surgery ×2 that in total saw him out for about a year combined......that said we have to go for this bloke.

Should still be good enough at championship level even with one leg ?...

Archived